“Fabulous Sail to Anguilla”

Moon Dance Day Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: "Moon Dance" is a great way to explore St Maarten, and some of the surrounding beaches and islands.Relax on deck, or enjoy being a part of the crew. Use our fishing poles on board and the noodles.Use the kayak and dinghy to access the shore.
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had an opportunity to join a group of friends for a daylong sailing trip from Simpson Bay, St Maarten to Anguilla and back. The day was wonderful. We sailed on the Moon Dance, a 36 foot sloop. The seven of us and the skipper Garth fit on the boat comfortably. The group had been through a basic keel boat course but collectively we had very little actual sailing time. The trip gave each of us an opportunity to practice our skills. Garth has years of experience teaching sailing and captaining charters and is a very patient skipper. Having lived in the Caribbean for decades and sailed to all the local islands Garth can plan the perfect outing for groups with different levels of experience and interests. Our destination on Anguilla, lunch at Smokie's is just one example.

This was my third charter with Garth on the Moon Dance but it won't be my last.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We came to St. Martin to visit friends, go to the beach, relax. Seeing all the lovely sailing boats we were looking for a day charter, which was a bit difficult since most agents do weekly charters, and if on a daily basis only huge boats with crew. Garth and his Moon dance were just perfect for us, we could do as much as we wanted ourselves and enjoyed the fantastic landscape. He is an extremely experienced sailor and knows all the nice places as well as the bad ones (rocks etc). Personally we got on extremely well, he is a very kind and sociable man. Sailing with Garth was the best thing we did on the island! Thanks a lot, we'll be back! Karen and Christian form Switzerland

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I just returned from another great trip to St. Martin. I have sailed with Garth on Moon Dance before, in fact this was my third trip well offshore from St. Martin aboard this well maintained and sturdy 36 foot Catalina sailing vessel. But this was my wife's first trip aboard, so I must comment on Garth's wisdom not only of the wind, the sea, and his boat, but also his ability to read people. Having taken the series of US Sailing courses thru the affiliated St. Martin sailing school, I enjoyed the time at the helm and getting a refresher on optimal sail trim. But simultaneously Garth kept a close eye to balance my enthusiasm for stronger wind and waves, with my wife's level of comfort. We sailed out of Simpson Bay, along Long Beach and up the Anguilla channel and took a lunch break in the quiet shelter at the north end of the French side at Ance Marcel Bay. After enjoying a brief swim, we returned along the Anguillan coast, enjoying a great view of the beauty of Rendezvous Bay and an easy downwind leg back to Simpon Bay. Its a pleasure to be on this vessel for a day charter, there is nothing like the peace sailing, of going exactly where you want, going swimming and snorkelling on your schedule, with the people you choose, and doing it with a seasoned captain like Garth or one of his able crew! Next year will definitely charter again, but probably multiple days!

1  Thank JosephPPPP
Reviewed 27 January 2013

None of our family has ever been sailing. We charted a day sail with Garth and it was a day we'll never forget. We were on a cruise and were at St. Maarten for the day. Garth picked us up at Doc Maarten in a dingy and took us out to his wonderful sailboat. It easily accommodates about 6. Our family of four had plenty of room. Garth and his assistant, Odie made us feel at home and let us roam the boat freely. We sailed up and down the coast. Stopping for swimming, snorkeling etc. He arranged for to have a nice lunch at a beach restaurant at Simpson Bay. I love eating with my toes in the sand. There was also a play waterstation with slides and diving boards and he arranged for us to have time there. Even I was jumping, swinging and diving. Garth is an extremely experienced captain and runs a sailing school to train captains. There are no better hands to be in for a wonderful day under sails. I also priced many day excursions and Garth is very reasonably priced. You can't go wrong with him.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

My husband and I (along with 4 new-found-friends from our hotel, Royal Palm) chartered the sail boat, Moondance and had a great time! Ian was our Captain and "Walkie" was his 1st mate and they did a great job! We were out there from 9am-5pm.
I just wanted to say that we really enjoyed the use of the boat, Ian's skills as a captain, and the beautiful day! Not to mention the snorkeling gear and beverages provided while onboard. We will surely look them up again whenever we are lucky enough to get back down for another vacation in St. Maarten.