“Delicious treat, friendly staff”

Carousel Gelateria and Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Simpson Bay
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I went to the Carousel based on the recommendation of our regular cab driver Maria. The gelato was simply incredible and very reasonable in price. Staff was excellent and when the server saw me mention to my friend that I wanted to try the snicker doodle flavor she gave me a sample without asking. Staff was super nice and friendly unlike so other places. I went to Jimbo's and it was a short walk less than a few minutes. The price was excellent and the cone was awesome. The place is sparkling clean and plenty of chairs to sit. I would highly recommend and definitely go back!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The dark chocolate gelato had little pieces of chocolate throughout. The coffee gelato was like the perfect cup of iced coffee. The rum gelato, yummmmy! I could go on and on about how good everything is even the Nutella crepe. My only complaint is the service. The young girls who helped us on our first visit during the afternoon seemed as though they'd rather be elsewhere. When trying favors, I was quickly told there was a limit of two favors I could try. The service was better a couple of days later when we went back at night and the servers were more mature. I agree with another reviewer who stated that the bathrooms were clean. They were spotless and that was a nice surprise. Definitely a place to try on the island, easy parking.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Not many people walk through the custom built round shop building to the water side, where there is a working carousel straight out of mary poppins! with horses, and carriages and the music too.
the sorbets are wonderful when your watching your weight
but the cremeie delicious icecreames are heaven to taste!
We go there all the time for date night!
personal favourits are the passionfruit sorbet.
Off street parking,
wheelchair access
Cleanest toilets in simpson bay

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Absolutely wonderful gelato and excellent service! highly recommended and very tasty! Amazing - you must try this place!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a nice after dinner stop for a family. The gelato is very good and the carousel is a lot of fun for the kids. As is true throughout the island, it's not cheap.