“Gelato just like they make in Italy”

Carousel Gelateria and Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Simpson Bay
Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Gelato just like they make in Italy”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I'm a big fan of gelato and have eaten it at many places on my travels across Italy. This is some of the best gelato I've had outside of Italy. Great gelato and the carousel is interesting too. You'll want to stop here several times while staying on the island.

Visited July 2014

long island, new york
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“COOL PLACE IN A HOT CLIMATE”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

In my recent trip to St. Maarten, my wife and I usually stop in the the Carousel to indulge in ice cream or gelato at least 2-3 times-never a disappointment. if you have children it is especially a must, they have an original Carousel ride (like the old days in Coney Island)
There is ample parking. they open up at 2 pm and they close late ant night. The selections are vast-at least 24 different varieties of ice cream (cup or cone) as well as a selection of special sundays. there is also at least 10-12 varieties of gelato -everything is made on premis.
The place is very clean and kept that way -the staff is always accommodating, just ask for a sample before you buy-simple as that.
so, on your next trip to St. Maarten, stop in to the Carousel-located in Simpson Bay- about 10 minutes from the airport-you too will become a regular!

Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Skip the dessert at your hotel or the bar & grill.. go to the Carousel!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

By far one of the cleanest, nicest and well kept food establishments on this island. Excellent selection of very creamy, smooth and delicious gelato. Also has a small bar for cocktails.

A definite must-try stop in Simpson/Cole Bay.

Visited May 2014
Ancaster, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Some of the best gelato I have ever had, easily compares to Italian gelato. Everything imported directly from Italy, and only $2 to ride the carousel out back!

Visited May 2014
long island, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Delicious treat, friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I went to the Carousel based on the recommendation of our regular cab driver Maria. The gelato was simply incredible and very reasonable in price. Staff was excellent and when the server saw me mention to my friend that I wanted to try the snicker doodle flavor she gave me a sample without asking. Staff was super nice and friendly unlike so other places. I went to Jimbo's and it was a short walk less than a few minutes. The price was excellent and the cone was awesome. The place is sparkling clean and plenty of chairs to sit. I would highly recommend and definitely go back!

Visited March 2014