“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Service!”

Barnacles Greek Bar & Restaurant
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you like authentic greek food you will LOVE the place. My personal favourite is the Lamb-Gyro...Very good and friendly service, the staff always makes you feel like a part of the family! Love the atmosphere, even if you just stop by for a couple of drinks at the bar...its worth every minute you spent of your time!

1  Thank TaniaSXM

Reviewed 7 May 2014

When you walk in you right away feel the Greek vibe! The view is beautiful. The service and owner so friendly and you can tell they work hard at the food they prepare.
(For those who posted the service is slow, it's because you are getting fresh food cooked in an authentic style by a person who puts pride in their food and their greek heritage.)

We had the grilled octopus and fried cheese appetizers. Both cooked perfectly and full of flavor. I loved both! My husband, who is Greek, and knows greek food was taken back. It was like mom made us dinner :)

I had the pork souvlaki platter.
I am not a tzaziki fan because I don't really like dill, but this was made perfectly seasoned and homemade. Very good! The souvlaki was cooked perfectly. It was tended and flavored just rifgt. The Greek salad was huge and the feta, and tomatoes were very good. The pita was reAl good too. Seasoned and grilled perfectly.

My husband had the gyro and he loved it. Said it was amazing and the lamb was very tender.

We also had the Greek coffee which I love!!

You can't beat the atmospere, personality of the staff nor the food. Especially for the value.

If you wait long for your food, it's totally WORTH the wait.

1  Thank yogaprincess41
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went to Barnacles 3 times during my stay in St Maarten and always had great service and food. also it has a really nice atmosphere and happy hour has very good deals! really recommend.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We live in Sint Maarten and frequent here at least once a week. I've never had a bad meal here. The moussaka is excellent, the chicken philly is my husbands favorite. I highly recommend it!!

1  Thank samzkahn
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Not really what we expected it to be. Bad vibes, not very friendly, food was ok, but consider it a self-serve restaurant just about.