“Outstanding ood and wonderful ambiance” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 Palms Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

3 Palms Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding ood and wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

My Wife & I dined at the 3 Palms Restaurant in Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten on Saturday, May 19, 2012 to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary with our two good friends. We were seated outside overlooking the Lagoon opposite the twinkling lights of the hillside homes on the French side of the island. Music was provided by a talented local musician, who played light jazz on several instruments and even sang. Our group was able both to listen to the music and hold a conversation at the same time. The service was pleasant, timely, and delivered with a smile. We chose Escargot, as an appetizer: for the main dish we selected Red Snapper & Filet Mignon, our friends raved over their Cordon Blue Chicken. All of our food was cooked to our specification ,included a selection of vegetables, and was priced competitively. Desserts were 3 level Creme Brulee, Tiramasu, and Crepe Susette.
A wonderful evening, delightful food, incredible ambiance, and a memory to cherish.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank onelifemanytravels

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Dining on the lagoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We had dinner there twice this trip and it was very good both times. Live music both nights. Prices are moderate and meals are very good.

Visited May 2012

1 Thank Tanya S
New Hartford, New York
“Main Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was the main course portion of our pub crawl. I ordered the tilapia and my husband ordered the chicken. The portions were substantial and the food was excellent. We had not been here before and will return.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jan S
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food, nice entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife & I spent an enjoyable evening here. We came for their 'Build your own burger night", which is one of their advertised specials. They give you a checklist from which you select such things as which meat (beef, mahi mahi, steak), food temperature (varying degrees of rare to well-done), and all sorts of toppings (I had goat cheese, onion, etc.) Some are standard at no extra charge, others are $1 -$3 extra.
The restaurant has been totally redone, it features a bar area, a 'living room' area with large viewing couches & widescreen tv, another indoor dining area, and the deck overlooking Simpson Bay lagoon.
We chose the lagoon; there was a musician playing latin & traditional tunes.
She was very good, she plaxed sax & sang vocals to such hits as "Let it BE", "Fly me to the Moon", "Girl from Impanema", etc. Her overall sound is very salsa-like and reminiscient of bossa nova. I have never heard "Let it Be" played with a Salsa beat like she did!
She made the evening for us.

The food was good, cooked to order, the burger came with fries, reasonably priced.
I gave it an average, because it was a burger, and it was up to my expectations, but it was, a burger. I will go back & try something else.
Their wine list ranges from $20 - high $30s.
Our server was very friendly & attentive, overall a very good experience!

• Visited April 2012