“A lovely villa for the budget-conscious traveller”
other travellers have booked this property
Cool Bay Villa Lagoon view from Cool Bay Villa
tv place
SHOWER ROOM
Outdoor Pool
residence ext
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
belgirlaz...
Chandler, Arizona
“A lovely villa for the budget-conscious traveller”
Reviewed 2 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

The surrounding area isn't as nice and clean as this 2-story villa, but the price and location are right. The villa is located near Simpson Bay Lagoon in a safe, gated community which is a nature preserve. It's close to everything including beaches, the movie theater, restaurants and the airport. Owners Philippe and Valerie were very welcoming and hospitable, making sure we had everything we needed for our stay. The villa is clean and has all the amenities including air conditioning, washer/dryer, gas stove, towels, dishes/pans, microwave and fridge. The villa also has a great balcony where you can relax and there is a community swimming pool nearby. Keep in mind there is no wi-fi and the television only has stations in French -this may be a deal breaker for some, but we just watched videos and read books. Because of its proximity to the airport, an occasional plane does fly overhead, but never at night and was so infrequent, that it didn't bother us at all. This villa is also VERY reasonably priced, which is perfect for a couple or family who is trying to save money in expensive St. Martin. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay for a week or more.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony, air conditioning, gated area and the nice owners
Liked least: The shower drain, mattress was a little soft and no tv channels in English. :)
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
chelseapa...
Taunton, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC SURPRISE!”
Reviewed 24 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband surprised me with this holiday, we had an absolutely wonderful time and would love to go again. Valerie and Phillippe were wonderful hosts giving us all the information needed to have a lovely stay. The villa is comfortable and has a great view of the lagoon to sit and relax on the balcony or swing in the hammock. Phillippe also arranged for a car rental for us and was at the airport to greet us on arrival. We were their first english guests and I have already mentioned to my friends its a lovely place to stay.
Valerie gave me a map of the island and was happy to mark all the best places to visit which definately helped. It is in a complex which has a pool and although it is mostly locals who live in the other villas everyone was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
By the villa is a small mangrove which we had great pleasure in feeding the ducks and watching the sugar birds fly back and forth. There is a bar called Lagoonies quite close which became our "local watering hole" well worth a visit, good food and great atmosphere to soak up. Thank you Phillippe and Valerie for making my holiday a lovely surprise, we hope to see you again! x

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality, view & that hammock !
Liked least: mosquitos, which once I had the spray there was no looking back, recommended by Phillippe
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
REIMS (FRANCE)

Reviewed 6 November 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing