“Great Food and Even Better Service”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our little Caribbean style restaurant has so much to offer: Laid back ambiance, great service, but the most important, delicious home cooked meals that will make you come back for more again and again. Like us on Facebook and be part of our community!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great Food and Even Better Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was our first time travelling to St. Maarten however we were with our parents, who have been here 3 times and highly recommended this restaurant. We went on the first night of our trip and were not disappointed. The jerk shrimp wrap, drunken ribs, and beef curry were fantastic, and we made sure to go back one more time before we left. Greg, the owner is so friendly and clearly has a deep passion for food. His server, Jo, was also warm, friendly and took great care of us. If you are looking for delicious carribean food and great service, look no further than the Palms!

• Visited September 2013

St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Love The Palms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a must go to...some of the best tasting food on the island! First time having goat curry...really tasty and tender meat..and if you don't try mama carrot cake you may well miss the best dessert too!

• Visited July 2013
Mars, Pennsylvania, United States
“Simply Splendid!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

By chance we stumbled upon The Palms Restaurant in St. Maarten and it proved to be the best restaurant of our 11 day vacation! Originally we were going to dine at another restaurant, but the music was extremely loud, so we headed up the street and walked up to The Palms to check out their menu. We were greeted by the owner's mother (who is also the best pastry chef ever) and then by the owner himself, Greg. They offered up the tantalizing specials of the day and we decided to stay! From the appetizers to the desserts, everything was fresh and homemade. We loved the food so much, we brought back our family and friends a few nights later. The meal was superb and Jo, our waitress, was pleasant, witty, and most efficient. My family has been coming to St. Maarten since 1993 and this truly was our best dining experience on the island. Fabulous food served by fabulous people! And you must have a piece of carrot cake, even if you are stuffed! It's well worth it!!

• Visited August 2013
“Cute place and GOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

While staying in St Maarten, me and boyfriend were recommended here on the last night of our trip so here is where we headed. Very cute and quaint little place with a very very friendly owner, Gregg. He made sure we were enjoying our time the whole time and had very nice conversation with him. The food was great and the only reason I will give it 4 stars is because there is some stuff that I might not eat on the menu....its not too different, I'm just picky and that is not the restaurants fault. What i did have here for an appetizer was the Pao which was steamed dough with a seasoned pork inside and a dipping sauce to go with it....very good but what was even better is what me and my man had for dinner...The Drunken Ribs...amazing,,,,the whiskey bbq sauce it came with was delicious and the ribs were cooked to perfection, juicy on inside, not a lot of fat, and crispy on outside...nice sized portions, my bf couldnt even finsh all of his...but no worries i finished his off! It came with your choice of sides, i had the rice and beans and veges which were both great, my bf had french fries which were great..not too greasy and had a nice taste. Also they make great Maragaritas!! reasonably priced as well. cash only/no cc. GET HERE if your in the Simpson Bay area of St. Maarten :)

• Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I happened to come across The Palms restaurant as I was walking along the main road in the Simpson Bay area of St Maarten. They have a sign in front of the restaurant advertising some of the items on the menu. I saw Trini style stewed fish listed and decided to give it a try. What a great decision! I had a wonderful experience there. The Trini style stewed fish with white rice and mixed vegetables was outstanding. I enjoyed my experience so much that I returned the next night and had the Trini style pelau with a salad and mixed vegetables. Delicious! The owner Gregg is a very friendly and goes around to each table greeting customers. My server Joelle was incredible and very pleasant. The restaurant is cash only as they are not set up to accept credit cards. There is an ATM machine at a building next to the restaurant. If you visit St. Maarten, do not miss this gem of a place.

• Visited April 2013