“Insanely Great Food & Hospitality”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our little Caribbean style restaurant has so much to offer: Laid back ambiance, great service, but the most important, delicious home cooked meals that will make you come back for more again and again. Like us on Facebook and be part of our community!
Churchville, New York
“Insanely Great Food & Hospitality”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Once again another fantastic meal and service. The time spent on the Island warrants a couple trips back to The Palm's. Amazing crew, Jo, Jenny, Greg, and of course mom and dad.. You are made to feel family here, you will expierience the warmth of the crew. You will eat food that leaves you just needing one more dinner before heading home... Must say my 17 year old nephews only request before heading to the states .... 1 more dinner at the Palm's, cant argue with that- he knows good food when he eats it... Thank you all

• Visited July 2014

Columbus, Oh
“Get the Drunken Ribs!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our family was there the end of June 2014. Thankfully that's the slow season for the island. I can't imagine how St. Maarten is "in season"!
The Drunken Ribs were described as "marinated in whiskey/sauce for at least 3 days, then cooked low and slow, finished with a searing on the grill." They were orgasmic! Da 17 yr old boy and I split a humongous full rack. The side dishes were good. The people working there were fun.
Go! Enjoy!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank UsuallyNotGrumpy
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I am not a fan of eating on the road side but this place has excellent ribs and lasagna. The service is good and the prices are reasonable

Visited June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Friendly and Delish!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Such a cute place. The staff was delightful! Jenny was so sweet and gave us such delightful service! Greg was very hospitable and his food is amazing. Get the ribs for sure and the burgers were Devine.

We just sat there and enjoyed the company and the relaxing atmosphere.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Renee S
Maryland
“Simple Yet Devine”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

On a recent vacation to St Maarten we stayed in Simpson Bay and had the pleasure of finding a quaint little restaurant called The Palms. Although we only stayed for a week, we found the time to eat in this restaurant twice. This is important because the island considers itself the culinary capital of the Caribbean and there is no shortage of restaurants from which to choose. On the 1st visit we both had shrimp dishes. Curried for me and Jerk for my wife. Both were amazing, the shrimp was succulent had the perfect amount of spice. We paired the meal with 2 refreshing glasses of summer sangria. Scratch made carrot cake for desert and we were hooked. Our second visit, my wife had Bourbon drunken ribs that had marinated for 72 hours and then slowly cooked till tender. I couldn’t resist a few bites … the meat melted in my mouth like silky chocolate. I had a scratch made Lasagna whose recipe was pilfered from the Italian grandmother of the owners X. It has a little more zing than those served state-side but it was perfect for me. The service was awesome as our waitress Joe (Montréal Canadian fan) was sincere and just plain fun to be around. I am a foodie who is concerned about the origination of the ingredients in my meals and this place also checks that box. We will definitely repeat when in St. Maarten.

• Visited May 2014