“Authentic Thai with friendly service”
Review of Panlaan Thai on the Bay - CLOSED

Panlaan Thai on the Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The only waterfront Thai restaurant in St. Maarten. Authentic Thai cuisine in a tranquil waterfront surrounding with both, indoor and outdoor seating...Open everyday. Lunch 12pm-3pm Monday-Friday Dinner 6pm-10pm Sunday-Thursday Dinner 6pm-11pm Friday-Saturday
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I nearly gave up trying to find this place. It is in the middle of everything in Simpson Bay, yet tucked away with poor signage. That being said, I am glad I found it. The food was very good, authentic Thai. Ordered the green curry - Thai spicy - and loved it. It was nice and spicy. The lettuce wraps were a bit odd using Romaine lettuce, but it worked and the flavor was tasty. Service was very friendly as well. It was a bit pricey for Thai food, but par for the course in SXM. It was a great change from the endless supply of French restaurants. Worth a visit - if you can find it. Ignore the "residents only" sign for parking and it will be easier.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Recently stumbled upon this gem. Not easy to find, but it is situated in a beautiful setting right on the bay. The drinks are good and the food is great. The goat cheese starter is highly recommended. this place is probably one of the best Thai places I have been to anywhere.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I chose this place for my family reunion and birthday dinner. Authentic Thai food and reasonably priced... the service was immaculate and the food very tasty. Nice lagoon breeze to keep you cool without the need of A/C.Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Julio B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was a great experience. Eating out on the deck is spectacular, the views of the bay are fabulous as is the food. We began with the PANLAAN HO CHEESE appetizer, this was delicious and creamy and the sauce is excellent. For dinner I had the TOM KHA TALAY, a coconut soup with jumbo prawn (I mean HUGE), scallop, calamari, and mussels, it was sweet and spicy and the coconut and lemongrass gave it a nice fresh flavor. My husband had a stir fry with prawns and ordered it Thai spicy which he enjoyed very much but was too spicy for me. Overall an incredible meal and an excellent dining experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We come to the island every year, and while I'd heard about this wonderful place, we didn't get there until this visit. First of all, when you see it from the road it doesn't look like much - in fact, I was wondering if we'd made a poor choice because you can't see it at all and it was quiet and tucked away behind other building. I'm so glad we followed the signs and gave it a chance. The venue is beautiful: inside seating and outside seating right on the boardwalk on the marina. Bi beautiful candle lanterns, intimate and quiet but with a wonderful energy. There are even couches and coffee tables on the boardwalk. The food was amazing - we were a group of eight, five of whom hadn't tried Thai food before, and one of them with a peanut allergy. The waiter was very patient and helped us choose two dishes from each section of the menu - there wasn't one that wasn't a huge hit. In fact, there was a bit of an eating frenzy! Curry dishes, stir fries, salad, pad Thais....we had a bit of everything. Service was prompt and very friendly. Finally, It has to be mentioned that the cocktails were also outstanding - the best we've had in our two week stay. The margarita was to die for - according to the two who ordered them, and my frozen mojito has been on my mind ever since. I have to go back for another! In fact, we will definitely return there later this week and I am sure it will be a favourite in coming years too.