“Amazing experience”

Ranked #7 of 118 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean grill & brasserie, healthy digest, fresh food. Gluten-free menu available. Bring your own wine NO CORKING FEE Come hungry, bring your appetite, NO CREDIT CARDS.
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Crave was recommended to us to try and we were not disappointed. At first glance it is this small unpretentious little place that you aren't quite sure of when you walk in the door. What was awaiting us next was an experience like we have never had before.

The owner/wait staff was very attentive and explained everything on the menu in detail. It was nice to have this explanation, but it would also be nice to just have this information on a menu as we heard the gentleman repeat himself to every table that came in.

We tried his favourite eggplant dip as an appetizer, which was pointed out several times as "not baba ganoush". It was delicious! Worth every bite.

Our main dish was a chicken with walnuts and pomegranate. I was surprised that my husband was willing to try something like this but it was phenomenal. The waiter suggested to also order one of their home made yogurts to have a bite of after each bite of the main meal to cleanse the palate. He also explained to take a piece of each item of the main meal with every bite.

It seemed a bit complicated but man when that dish came, he was right. It was like nothing we had ever had before! The only thing that both my husband and I said when we left was that the yogurt dips were $7.00 each. They seemed to push them quite hard and everyone orders it as it seems like it's necessary to really enjoy the meal. We thought that such an item should just be made to be part of the meal like some places serving bread.

All in all a very very good experience and would recommend if you have not tried it yet to at least go once.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Crave is a great little place, nice atmosphere and excellent service and food. The host/ owner was very helpful and explained everything to us. Super meal, eggplant app was delish as were both of the chicken dishes. Be adventurous, it was great.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant is on the main road in Simpson Bay, if you blink you will miss it, so keep your eyes open and don't miss this place. I grew up in a home eating this food and have never had anything close to it till now. My mom and dad were Azerbijian and would definetly have appreciated this place. My friend Tricia has raved about this place and oh was she right. Beginning with the Hummus and Eggplant Dip. They were so yummy. The pistachio meatballs amazing. I had the Chicken Kebobs and my husband had the Lamb Shank. It brought back so many memories of my mom and aunt cooking these dishes. And please do get the cucumbers in the sour cream. OMG Ace is the owner and is a very gracious host. His wife is the cook and she can cook for me and my family anytime. LOVE LOVE LOVED it. Thanks Ace it was amazing.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We are so happy we tried this restaurant. Server was excellent and food was delish. We had the chicken kebob and the lamb shank. The chicken was so moist. The eggplant appetizer was very good as well. This is definitely a place to try for a different experience.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Delicious! It has to be experienced to know. Enjoy every morsel with delight. Don't miss this flavourful night in both food and ambiance. Priced right with incredible quality. Mouthwatering chicken and lamb shank coupled with homemade yoghurt had the palette in ecstasy. Can't say enough fantastic night. Thank you. The Torontonians : )