Turquoise Shell Inn
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$126
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$146
Travelocity
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$105
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotels.com
US$139
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsst maartenclose to the airportbeach towelsunittimeshare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a week this month and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We loved the separate bedroom as I'm an early riser and my husband is not. The kitchen was great - we loved being able to cook breakfast and keep all our leftovers in the fridge. The room was clean and comfortable. The beach was steps away from the room - the beach wasn't visible from the hotel room but we were so close that it didn't matter. We loved the beach by the hotel - it was basically our own - as their weren't very many others using it. The location of the hotel was perfect as many great restaurants/grocery stores/activities were nearby. We would definitley come back and stay again.
Carter was a great host and Cornelia took great care of the room.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly G
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed here during the Heineken regatta, it was a last minute reservation after our other accommodations with friends fell through. We didn't have a car, and the location was great for walking to town, and it was easy to get a taxi as well. The room has all the basic necessities, and it was nice to have the kitchen although we didn't use anything but the fridge. As others have commented, I have never seen a towel sign like theirs before (you will be charged extra if the white towels become stained). It seems to me that with all white towels, bleach would be an easy solution to that problem. We had an odd encounter with the manager/owner when we wanted to check out. As requested, my friend called the "front desk" to let him know that we planned to leave within the next 30 minutes. He told her that wouldn't be a convenient time for him to come downstairs, and he told her to come by in an hour instead. When she told me this, I called back and let him know that we would either check out now as requested, or leave our luggage in the room while we went to get breakfast, and check out when we return. He said that wouldn't be enough time for the housekeepers to clean, so I responded "Not a problem, we'll just check out now then." And we did. We enjoyed our stay here, but the exit process certainly made us uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights before checking into a resort. It was a great choice; very helpful owner, air conditioned clean room with separate bedroom and kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable. You may question your choice as you approach the location as it is nestled into a local neighbourhood. Once you enter the gate the bright yellow rooms and lush vegetation make you feel like you are in the real Carribean. You can walk to many restaurants and grocery stores. There is a small pool and the lovely beach is a short walk across a quiet street. The owner supplies beach chairs which we made use of. This is not a luxury hotel however we have fairly high standards and we felt at home here. Great value and a unique experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My boyfriend and I (late twenties) stayed at Turquoise in mid February and we had an amazing time. This hotel is exactly what I was hoping for. The room was clean and comfortable. AC worked well. I didnt find it noisy at all (past reviews complained about the music from nearby clubs/restaurants)--except for Saturday night- but we were so tired from being out and about in the sun, having a few drinks etc... that we easily fell asleep. This is an awesome location!! There are so many restaurants/bars close by- we could walk everywhere. We were planning on renting a car but we decided against it- next time we will so that we can explore the French side. We walked to Mullet Bay and Maho (Yes it can be done Carter:) It took about half hour and we walked the beach and then through a neighbourhood however I wouldnt do that after dark just to be safe. I did feel very safe in Simpson Bay though. The hotel is a hop away from Simpson Bay beach which was never busy and beautiful. My bf and I spent most days there as we were mainly looking to just relax and stay put on this vacation. All you need is to bring a cooler and you can bring your own drinks down to the beach- totally perfect!! Anywas-Carter and Cornelia were very kind and helpful. We will definetly stay there again!!!

Room Tip: we were on the ground part, right in front of the parking lot so the view wasnt great but we didnt mind.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katie m
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The hotel is awesome! Good location, close to everything. with nice, confortable and clean rooms.Carter and Cornelia make us feel like home!

I do recommend it and going back to Sint Marteen is there I am going to stay!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the main floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends