My fiance & I stayed one night at the Turquoise Shell after he had done a little research and found it to be near the airport and having the amenities that we needed. His choice ended up being a great one.
Upon checking in, Marcus (sp?) gave us so much helpful information regarding the hotel, the area around the hotel as well as a rundown on the island bus service. This information was invaluable! We wish that we'd had some of his helpful information earlier in the week while staying in Philipsburg. We also got great information from Carter regarding local restaurnt suggestions. He pointed us to some really good food with really good service.
Our experience was even better when my fiance proposed, with one knee painfully down on the tile floor in room #4! LOL!!
We will definitely be back to the Turquoise Shell for our next visit to St. Maarten! My future husband chose well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay