I was a bit sceptical of all the glowing reviews of the Turquoise Shell Inn on here because I've been burned before by online reviews. Let me say that this was ABSOLUTELY NOT the case this time. Our experience at this small hotel was everything we hoped it would be and a lot more.
Before we even checked in, Marcus and Carter reached out to make sure we had transportation arranged from the airport to the hotel. The personal service never stopped from that point until we were on our way back to the airport at the end of the trip. They personally walked us through the suite to make sure we knew how everything operated and always asked if we needed anything as we passed them on the property. Need any advice about the island or activities? Ask Marcus or Carter and you won't be dissapointed. They are even capable of booking many activities right there at the desk, which is something that even large chain hotels won't do anymore. This is probably the best service I've ever gotten at a hotel, and I've stayed at some 5-star places. Good job guys!
The hotel itself is a little aged, but is still in good shape. We felt safe and were within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The beach just behind the hotel was very quiet and the snorkleing there was much better than expected. Speaking of snorkleing, just ask the guys at the desk and they'll let you borrow everything you need. The suite had a nice sitting area, small kitcen with all appliances, and a large bedroom. The bathroom was a bit small but everything worked well and served it's purpose. The hotel pool was small but clean and well-maintained.
Overall, I liked the suite better than most chain hotels and the service put this place way over the top in my opinion. I don't think you'll get a better value on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay