“Good Food Nice Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Good Food Nice Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I tried Dean's Seafood and Steakhouse, as I recall 3 Palms. I like the view and ambiance of the lagoon. Perhaps they could add some plants more decor in the outside area.
The service and food was very good. Drinks were ok. Defintely not much higher priced than other spots in this area. I suggest you give it a try!

• Visited August 2014

Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Very dissappointed improvements needed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had a business dinner at Dean's. Since I hadn't been there for a while (since it was 3 palms) I decided to try out this new place.

The ambiance was not nice at all. This included the lighting and the bathrooms. The customer service was OK but nothing in comparison to the usual greeting and warmness that you would encounter at other restaurants especially on the Simpsonbay strip. Finally the price to the quantity and the quality of food was terrible. I was so disappointed I didn't even order dessert. The restaurant has a lot of potential. The location is a good one and the general concept is great, however the customer service needs to be improved, the menu is too expensive for the quality and quantity of what is given and the ambiance needs to be improved. On the Simpsonbay strip where everyone is competing for the clients, Dean's Seafood and Steakhouse will need to step up to 'the plate' in order to be a restaurant worthy of consideration.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Great Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome! We come to St. Maarten often and this was the first time at Dean's. They have new chef and a new menu and great staff! We enjoyed everything- from the food to the cocktails to the great breeze coming off the lagoon. I suggest you try it out!

• Visited May 2014
NJ
“Good but needs improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went to Dean's and both ordered the filet mignon. I ordered mine medium and my husband medium rare. Both came out medium well. Sadly, the meat was a nice cut and was ruined by the preparation. The au gratin potatoes were also served cold. No one came back to check on us and at the end of the evening when we told the hostess the meal was less than great; she said we should have told them, but that would mean we'd have to flag down our waitress and that wasn't happening. She then told us that they had a rush - there were only 2 tables seated when we arrived, one left and one more came in, so I don't know if they consider that a rush or not, but cold food is not acceptable. I do think I would give them another shot and express up front that I would want the meat cooked properly and the sides should be served hot.

• Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious and Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We visit St. Maarten every year in November for a couple of weeks and are very familiar with many of the restaurants on the island. We went to Dean's Seafood and Steakhouse when it first opened in November 2013 at the recommendation of a someone who is from and lives on the island. We can't say enough about the food and the service. The food ranks with the best of the island's restaurants; portions were very generous; and the price was reasonable (especially for expensive St. Maarten)! Service was very gracious and friendly. We met Dino while we were in the restaurant and told him how much we enjoyed the restaurant. Everyone should patronize this very nice restaurant...we hope this one lasts! C&C

• Visited November 2013