“Great atmosphere for a romantic evening”
Review of Charter House 1863

Charter House 1863
Ranked #19 of 113 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
New Milford, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere for a romantic evening”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. We sat on the outdoor terrace right on Simpson Bay Lagoon. The indoor space is beautiful, too. Service was excellent, food was very good. Still, we felt it was a bit overpriced. We used to go to Peg Leg for a good steak. The steaks here were good, but not quite as good and cost a bit more. Unfortunately, Peg Leg closed due to a hefty rent increase. I was hoping that Charter House 1863 would be a replacement for Peg Leg, but I'm still looking.

1 Thank Lori B

“Food, Service, location!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This place has it all! Good food, attentive service and a prime location. My fiancé and I enjoyed our dinner sitting right on the marina with a bottle of wine. The service is top notch and do yourself a favor and order which ever risotto they have on special for that day! I will say it wasn't our most affordable meal on the island but you really do get what you pay for! I will definitely be back!

2 Thank Erin V
“Absolute must!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing view and location/ambiance. Immaculate 5 star service. Delicious peesentation and food flavor. Had the seared foie gras appetizer, grilled wahoo entree and scallops entree - cannot rave enough about them.

Mount Sinai, New York
“Best food ever!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Charter House was an amazing restaurant that i would recommend to everyone! I went there with my family and it was the best food we will ever have. The sea bass was so full of flavor and My dad had the panko crusted pork and he loved it. All the food was fresh and outstanding and the view was nice!

Tinley Park, Illinois
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The food was very delicious and the fact that it was on the bay just added to the pleasant experience.

Visited July 2014