“Rest assured!”

El Zafiro Boutique Hotel
Ranked #16 of 119 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very worried about the hurricane damage and what the hotels that had reopened would look like etc .....please be assured that El Zafiro is just as it is pictured, and to me the best part about this boutique hotel is the staff!

From airport pick up....to drop off everyone was so nice and welcoming. I stayed in the Pearl suite and my room was clean, cool, and had a great view. The best part about the view is you can enjoy it while laying in bed.

The food and drink at the restaurant bar were Delicious!
They are walking distance from a few other restaurants and bars where you can watch the planes come in!

Thanks Nicole!
El Zafiro is now my go to when staying in St Marteen!

1  Thank Jen-jer75

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this excursion via our Carnival Cruise. It was advertised as Beach Break with lunch and unlimited rum punch, fruit punch, and WiFi. FYI the WiFi was very spotty.

Our driver was friendly and knowledgeable and gave us a history lesson as we drove to and from Simpson Bay Beach. While on bus they took our order for lunch. The choices were bbq chicken, bbq ribs, or red snapper fish. My husband and I chose the fish and it came with red beans and rice, and s salad.

Once at the beach, you pick a lounger. If you want an umbrella, that’s an extra $5.00.

The beach is clean, beautiful scenery, and a 5-10 minutes walk to Maho beach where the planes fly directly over your head.

FYI, the ocean waves are nothing to play with either. The beach is swimmable but the waves can sometimes hit hard. I am 5’9 in height. I was holding my husband’s hand and a wave knocked me down to where he lost grip and my wedding ring ended up cutting his finger badly when I was trying to hold on to his hand as I went down and under water. Be careful!

Overall, great excursion!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a beautiful ocean front stay with great hospitality and an amazing staff, this is the place to
stay! The food was great, location (10-15 minute walk to Maho beach, Casino, Airport and local market) was better than I anticipated and I was depressed during check out because I should have spent 7 days instead of 5. I definitely plan to go back and stay at El Zafiro in the immediate future.

1  Thank NICKYMAY9
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This boutique hotel definitely lives up to it’s name as a most precious gem – El Zafiro!! We stayed May 2018 for 10 nights and we absolutely LOVED everything about it! It was perfect for us because we love small personable boutique type hotels. The staff goes out of their way to personalize your stay on SXM. They all know you by name, giving you the feeling that you are a special member of their family. They are constantly catering to their guest. We had viewed pics of the damage Irma caused and it was unbelievable the job that they did in restoring the place. The rooms are remarkably clean and cleaning service and beach towels are available daily. WIFI was excellent in the room as well. I was excited to see how well secured the property was. We came in late several nights and each time the security guard was there to open the gate for us. The bar and beach area were very well lit up at night also. It was so convenient to have the beach, bar and restaurant right outside of our room. The breakfast was included in our stay and they have both lunch and dinner menus also. Even if you are not staying at El Zafiro, I highly suggest having a romantic dinner here. Dinner is set up for a fine beach-side dining experience. My husband and I both enjoyed the Steak Creole, we are Cajuns and the sauce was very comparable to New Orleans style Creole. I had the seafood Pasta one night, which was also very good, and they prepared an excellent grilled steak for my husband at his request. Ribs were our favorite lunch menu item! We are so excited to have found this place and can’t wait to return!!

2  Thank islaloverLA
Reviewed 30 April 2018

It was my Pre birthday celebration and I loved it.. The View The customer service, the food and the accessibility it is close to every where I specifically like the fact that it is not in the buzzing area which is why i called it my cocoon nest.. relax and chilled with the sound of the waves just perfect... breakfast is nice i would also recommend it if you want to just spend the day with friends family by the beach it s perfect beach bar sun bed and sun umbrellas... Considering we are post irma 6 month ago it is a great effort and a good place to stay! also perfect for stop over 5 min form Juliana airport!!!!!

1  Thank KikMC1