“Sophisticated ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Sophisticated food beautifully presented. As far as the food goes there's not much I can add to the reviews already posted here, except that it met our expectations based on the previous reviews. Yes it's expensive by island standards, but comparable to NY or LA for a similar meal.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We are always pleasantly surprised with the food and presentation. It was excellent. The service is great.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We had the Sole and the Chilean Sea Bass. Melt in your mouth delicious! Great service! Thanks for the champagne and the rum was best we've ever had by far! Cauliflower soufflé was incredible as were all the vegetables. Would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The menu could use a re-fresh, but the nightly specials more than compensates for what lacks in the regular menu. The filet here is outstanding, as are the many fish dishes. What makes it great- of the trifecta of great French bistro's, this one has the BEST service. We shall return!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to St. Martin for my 40th birthday. Prior to arriving he had emailed this restaurant and made reservations for my birthday dinner. When we arrived, it seemed they forgot as they said "Is this the anniversary?". Oh well, he tried. We sat on the front porch which was loud with street noise but still intimate. The food was absolutely the best meal I have had in a very long time. I started with the Vol a vent with lobster and it was so delish! Large pieces of lobster and light pastry, I could have eaten just that all night long! For the main dish I had a fish trio of Mahi Mahi, shrimp and scallop and it was too much for me to consume but again, so tasty! We didn't have dessert and I think my husband was disappointed they didn't bring one out for my birthday. The wine list was good and had options from many price points.

My only complaint was the service. From the time we sat down, we felt rushed. The entrees arrived too quickly and didn't give us time to digest and savour the wine in between courses. Also it was disappointing for them to forget the birthday as my husband emailed them to make the dinner special. I know it is a busy restaurant but for a special evening, it would have been nice to relax and enjoy the occasion.