“Best meal of our 8-day trip!”

L'Auberge Gourmande
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location and atmosphere... try the Monk Fish/Shrimp Duo!! Staff were so friendly even though I only speak about 4 words in French... they spoke perfect English. This was a 5-star experience but the bill wasn't much more than I've paid each night for lesser fare... easily worth the few dollars more... wish we'd gone sooner than the last night of our trip (11 May 2014). PS: Walking down restaurant row after a wonderful meal and getting crepes from a street vendor by the parking lot was a plus!

1  Thank Rick J

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had our first meal in grand case on this vacation here! I loved it. I like to go to a restaurant and have to choose between so many different good choices. There were so many items on the menu that I wanted to try but not enough days on the island to try it. I could have easily eaten here 3 nights on our trip, but only managed one because wanted to try out other restaurants. Our appetizers were fabulous, my husband had a seafood appetizer and I had a goat cheese one. We both had seafood for our main dish and it was excellent. I really wanted to come back and try the lamb with the olive mashed potatoes! Our next trip. The presentation is phenomenal and the little 3-4 french vegetables that dress the plate are amazing! Even my husband ate them which he is not a huge vegetable fan! The restaurant feel is open and airy and nicely decorated. We'll be back on our next trip!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I ate at a number of places while we were in Grand Case. This was our favorite of the many french restaurants. We ate here 2x during the course of the week and everything was excellent. Highly recommend the escargots, lobster bisque, lamb and sea bass.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Sophisticated food beautifully presented. As far as the food goes there's not much I can add to the reviews already posted here, except that it met our expectations based on the previous reviews. Yes it's expensive by island standards, but comparable to NY or LA for a similar meal.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We are always pleasantly surprised with the food and presentation. It was excellent. The service is great.