“Exceptional Food Outstanding People”

L'Auberge Gourmande
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had the French onion soup to start and the Dover Sole for my main course. Both were exceptional. The owner came and spoke to me personally and introduced himself. Everyone was genuinely friendly and warm. The service was impeccable. I liked the food so much I went back two nights later. I had the soup again. I tried the filet with peppercorn sauce. The owner brought me mushroom sauce as well to try. I love peppercorn sauce but the mushroom was so good I favored it. The steak was cooked to perfection and melted like butter in your mouth. The free glass of champagne to start and banana infused rum at the end is a very nice touch. I do not like bananas but this banana rum is to die for. I particularly liked the vegetables as well. They presented 6 different kind with each meal. All were fabulous.

Don't miss this restaurant while in St. Maarten.

1  Thank rkaemp
There are newer reviews for L'Auberge Gourmande

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This little gem was a culinary delight. French and 100% friendly. Food was outstanding, creative and satisfying our foodie family. The complimentary champagne while we were ordering and house made vanilla banana rum was a nice surprise. we will return, this is a must while on st Martin.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was recommended on Trip Advisor and we were in Grand Case looking at menus setting on this restaurant. They were expecting a large crowd but accommodated us anyway without reservations. Service was totally outstanding from the owner all the way to the bus staff. Totally friendly and gave excellent recommendations. There were four in our party and we each tried different dishes so we could share. All were extremely excellent!!!! Great wine list as well. Will now be a staple on each trip to St. Martin. All plates were served with a wonderful presentation and when the dinner was over we felt as if we were family due to the attention and kindness of the staff. This is an over the top restaurant!!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Prettiest restaurant on the strip...quaint Caribbean house...exquisite food, hospitable service...we felt like we were in the comfort of home with elegance. Beautiful details found in the fine china. Greeted with complimentary Champagne. We ate here twice this week and prior on last vacation. Always exceptional in every way. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have enjoyed dinners in Auberge on every trip since 1997. 3 times last year, this trip and another planned for November. The "worlds" best French onion soup and the best rum infused with banana, caramel and vanilla. Chef Willy creates and presents the best of meals. The Owner, Pascal and his staff are always welcoming, friendly and attentive. Celebrated our 20th anniversary their with friends who also celebrated 2o years. The best, a must enjoy dinner place with a charming atmosphere.