“Delicious”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Lovely meal, gorgeous views.
Wonderful service.
Delicious desserts, and fantastic presentation.

We just came back from our visit over July 4th, low season on island. Didn't have to make reservation, but probably not the case over high season.

I would go back for sure.

2  Thank sheltienm

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was the 2nd restaurant I had eaten at in St. Martin but somehow I knew after the meal was over that it was going to be the best meal I will have had in my 4 nights in St. Martin. The atmosphere inside is provencial France with a splash of Caribbean. There is a very chilled wine "cellar" with windows that you must pass through on the way to a very cozy and nice bathroom.The tables are all set very nicely and you are waited on by some of the nicest and most genuine staff in St. Martin. I found in St. Martin that just the mere attempt to speak French or read your entree in French to the waitor sparks a genuine appreciation and this was most true here. The food...amazing, we began with two nice cold glasses of champagne. For my appetizer I had the frog legs....French style in a parsley butter sauce and sweet potatoes...awesome! My partner had the baked goat cheese in phyllo alo really, really good! For entree I had the best grilled shrimp in my life..perfect! It was on the entree dou of monkfish (had never had it..loved it) and shrimp with wasabi mashed potatoes (also the best I have ever had) and sweet pink peppercorns in a butter sauce. My partner had the Phyllo pastry stuffed with tenderly braised seasonal vegetables served on a bed of spinach and mushrooms...very tasty and savory. Both entrees were served with very delicious and interesting vegetable concoctions surrounding the main entree, these were almost as fun and tasty to eat as the entree itself...very inventive and delicious. All this we had with several glasses of excellent French wine. For dessert we had the "No way around it" concerto of white chocolate mousse, hot baked fondant, and iced dark chocolate drizzled with hibiscus coulis sauce...really good! After dessert comes the free flavoured rum that they bring to your table and leave for as long as you choose to sit there sipping away. An alltogether fantastic..memorable meal. We enjoyed this restaurant so much that on our last night in St. Martin we decided (after dining at Le Tastevin across the street) to go to L'Auberge Gourmande for dessert and cognac. Upon leaving I accidentally left my credit card and Phillipe chased me down the street to make sure I got my card back...very good service and appreciated. Thanks L'Auberge for an excellent experience...I personally would come back to St. Martin just to done at your restaurant..and hope to soon.

Note: L'Auberge, like the rest of establishments on the island, are on "island time" this means no rushing...you can litterally sit for hours after your meal without ever being brought your check so if you are in a hurry ask for it. Meals can also take some time in between courses.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was referred to this restaurant by the owner of Blanc du Nil and it was superb! Great service, fantastic food and a fun street to people watch. Dessert was also amazing!

1  Thank Ckio12
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We get in without reserveations and almost were the last sitting at 8:30 pm but the staff welcomed us (and with a big smile) takes us to a great table! Not only the location is beautiful but the food is superb! The appetizers and main courses are great in flavor and portions are huge. They also have an excellent wine list and the best of all is the good prices! You feel that you are eating in Paris but at a reasonable price! We stayed a little long after the closing hour at the table drinking our second bottle of wine and the great staff make us feel at home although we know they were ready to go. Very elegant and great people!

1  Thank ChesterPR
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Exceptional food. Friendly personal service. Went to Grand Case for the weekly Carnival parade. So many choices to eat. Found the best. Not cheap, but worth every sou.

1  Thank J R