“Delicious and very French feel.”

L'Auberge Gourmande
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This restaurant is small and feels very French. I ordered the beef filet and it was absolutely amazing. I was with a group of 12 and we all received a complementary champagne and two shots after our meal. I ate every piece of food on my place which is rare, but it was too good to leave on the place. The creme brûlée was also amazing and I highly recommend this restaurant. It was the best place we ate on the island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We tried eating here this year since it is the top rated place. We enjoyed the meal, but no wow factor as our favorite place. I won't mention the other name since I do not want to be accused of being a competitor. :) Service was great, food was very good. No real complaints, just not the best in our experience. It was more expensive as well since they are one of the few that do not take 1 Euro = 1 Dollar for cash payment.

1  Thank mit43
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went to a different restaurant in St Maarten for 7 nights. L"Auberge was our favorite. Pascal figured out that we were kosher (no meat, no seafood) and had our dishes prepared accordingly. His wine cellar is well stocked and is the only carribean wine cellar we have seen with kosher wine.

Service was prompt with a smile.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having travelled the world and ate in some of the best places out there, just had to write and say this place is fantastic ! The menu was classical with a twist, beautifully tasting and a work of art in relation to presentation .The serving staff we polite and very experienced its a must if your visiting St Martin

1  Thank Castle C
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My companion and I had decided that one night during our trip to St. Martin would be devoted to a gourmet French restaurant experience. Frankly, it was the most highly anticipated activity of our trip (for me at least).

Let me start at the beginning. We had an early reservation (6:30 p.m.) and the restaurant was virtually empty when we arrived. Immediately, three staff members came hustling over, found us a delightful corner table in a four-table alcove, and swiftly brought us each a chilled, delicious glass of champagne (on the house) which we sipped as we looked over the extensive menu.

I decided on the Cream of Asparagus soup, followed by the Foie Gras with Baked Apple, and the Rack of Lamb. Frankly, I had been planning on pigging out ever since the reservations were made month ago. I did, and each course was more delicious than the one before. I have never tasted a soup as good as this one. It was smooth, buttery, just the right temperature, and the addition of a grilled sea scallop and three stalks of asparagus (perfectly cooked) put it right over the top. That is, until I tasted the Foie Gras (a new experience for me). It literally melted in my mouth. The accompanying baked apples only added to the perfection of the dish. The rack of lamb was crusted in a heavenly combination of je ne sais quoi and cooked as well as it is possible to cook it. It was accompanied by no fewer than six small servings of vegetables, each more delicious than the one before.

But wait, I was not done yet. Remember my decision to pig out. For dessert, I ordered the Baked Alaska. Sublime. I also had a glass of cognac to accompany my wonderful cappuccino. Then, to top it all off, were were given shots of a house-made flavored rum. Wondrous.

My companion ordered the French onion soup, which I sampled and found to be as good as any I have ever tasted. Perhaps it was the use of the emmental cheese rather than the varieties I have become used to in American restaurants? She also offered me a small bite of her tenderloin. Delicious.

The atmosphere was lovely, the service was deserving of more than five stars, and the whole experience left me wishing for a return visit. By the way, the bill was actually less than I had feared (still substantial, but worth every centime). Count me as a very big fan of this delightful little restaurant. Any subsequent trip to St. Martin will find me there at least once.

3  Thank Jeff N