“Stephane carries on the tradition of fine food!”
Review of Le Cottage

Le Cottage
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The cottage is a traditional and gourmet french restaurant. Meet our sommelier,enjoy the perfect association wine & food,let's travel!!!!
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Stephane carries on the tradition of fine food!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We have always enjoyed the food at Le Cottage. This time was no different. We have already dined here twice during our stay in Grand Case and will certainly be going again! On our first visit, my husband had the foie gras tasting and the Osso Buco; my daughter had the oysters and veal tenderloin and I had Shrimp/Scallop duo. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. On our second visit, my husband had the Lobster Bisque...simply sublime; my daughter had the foie gras and osso buco and I had the foie gras lasagne and the St. Pierre fish entree. Again everything was wonderful, including the wine pairings suggested by Stephane. We certainly miss Bruno; however, Stephane and his wife have continued his fine traditions of excellent food and service. Don't miss this dining experience!

1 Thank Vikki52

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Not the same restaurant without Bruno )-:”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Le Cottage up until last December has always been our favorite restaurant on the island but not any more. I'm sad but things in life never stay the same. I could go on and on about problems with our visit but the new management style was very chaotic and inconsistent. One glass of wine and a dessert was totally forgotten. Our coffee arrived stone cold and when this was brought to Stefan's attention, he yelled to his kitchen staff, from the middle of the restaurant, "I'll kill them!!!" By this point we were on the floor laughing hysterically. I guess they knew that we hadn't been happy with the food (different menu and no more lobster tasting) or service so they asked if we wanted a complementary guava liquor, my husband said half jokingly, "After what we've been through, you should leave the bottle. And they did!" FYI-DON'T eat the escargot and look for Bruno's not yet finished restaurant called Dreams near Nettles Bay.

1 Thank ADVabeach
New York City, New York
“Good food”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Very good food and wine. The service is a little chaotic. The do a 6:00 and 9:30 seating and so they seem to push the food out really quickly then sort of neglect you. Duck and fish were excellent, outstanding French onion soup. Dessert was really good apple tart and different ice creams. Came with a 3 and 4 year old and they prepared a nice simple meal for them. So if you can be patient with the service I think it is a pretty enjoyable experience.

1 Thank nikiian
Columbia, South Carolina
“Disappointed at return visit”
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We dined at Le Cottage in August 2010 and enjoyed our experience so much that we returned over two years later. This time, while the food was excellent, we were disappointed by the service. We asked for a wine recommendation and were presented with a warm bottle of Chardonnay. My husband and I had shared appetizers elsewhere before arriving for dinner, and the gentleman taking our order seemed less than pleased when we only ordered an appetizer and entree between the two of us. We enjoyed the friendly, enthusiastic attitude of the service during our first visit, which was severely missing on this visit.

st.maarten
“STEPHANE IS THE BEST”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

the food, the very nice service, he just knows his business
thanks Stephane
Stephane has been on the island since years and years and has very good advise about almost everything you may want to ask

Visited December 2012