“Fantastic evening!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Cottage
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The cottage is a traditional and gourmet french restaurant. Meet our sommelier,enjoy the perfect association wine & food,let's travel!!!!
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had another great meal at Le Cottage last month. This time we took my brother and his wife on Mardi Gras night. We had a table on the porch, which was perfect for watching the parade. All our meals were excellent. My husband had the French Onion soup and Foie Gras Lasagne, both were excellent. I had the Caesar salad and the Scallops. Stephane, Tania and their staff offer outstanding food and service. Don`t miss the opportunity to dine there when you are in Grand Case!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vikki52
CottageTeam, Owner at Le Cottage, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Again : thank you Vikki :)

scarsdale, ny
“Excellent place to dine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Grand Case. How there are 14 others that are ranked higher is news to me! The staff was helpful although not as attentive as they should've been. More importantly, the quality of the food was superb.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank artbacis
CottageTeam, Owner at Le Cottage, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We promise to do better for your next visit! Thanks for your kind words!
Salida, Colorado
“Excellent dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Lamb shank is superb along with the french onion soup. You cant go wrong with this combo.
The front porch seating is a great place for people watching. The menu is vast offering something for everyone. The waitstaff are very good.

1 Thank Tom B
CottageTeam, Owner at Le Cottage, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
A very big thank you for this nice comment! We really appreciate it!
Hope to see you soon!
Grimes, Iowa
“Much better than #15 ranking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ranked #15 on Trip Adviosor, but seemed much better than that. The poor reviews that I read had nothing to do with the food. I had the lobster dinner which included Lobster Bisque, Lobster Ravioli, Lobster Tail and dessert for 59 euros. My wife had the goat cheese salad and shrimp/scallops entrée. For dessert we had the Caramel suffle (hum). It was very good overall. Service fell off as they got busy. We ate at La Villa (#1), L’Auberge Gourmande (#2), Bistrot Caraibes (#3), Le Ti Bouchon (#5) and Le Cottage (#15). I would say that Bistrot Caraibes was better though Le Cottage was a close second.

1 Thank tm212
CottageTeam, Owner at Le Cottage, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello and thank you! Actually it seems like we are 7 now ;)
Thanks again!
Durand, Illinois, United States
“A must visit restaurant, if you are a lover of fine dining.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Le Cottage is one of the very best 4 or 5 restaurants in Grand Case on St. Martin. Don't believe the Trip Advisor rankings. Trust me on this. This restaurant is superb.

We started with Lobster Bisque. Sure, everybody in Grand Case has Lobster Bisque, and I've tasted them all. This is truly unique and truly, absolutely the best. It comes out smothered in a puff pastry that is light and tasty, and when added to the broth is outstanding. The broth itself is incredible. Such a tasty concoction that you will want to lick the bowl.

I followed it with their special Mahi Mahi wrapped in Angel Hair pasta. It comes out looking like a piece of Shredded Wheat, but it acts to keep the juice of the fish inside. It was amazing; juicy, tender and light, and wonderfully delicious. I got it with a side of crab risotto that was equally good. It comes with a side of mushrooms and leeks that goes perfectly with the meal.

My wife got the Shrimp Risotto, which she loved. Perfectly done, perfectly seasoned, and the right sized portion. She can hardly wait to try the Mahi Mahi though...

We'll be back. The Cottage is on our short list, which means one of only a handful of the very finest restaurants in Grand Case, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. I disagree with the Trip Advisor ratings, this and the others I've reviewed on this trip are the top five. And I've 10 pounds around my middle to vouch for my knowledge of food.

1 Thank Kmac51
CottageTeam, Owner at Le Cottage, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thanks much for this review and comment!
Visit us soon!