“Scuba Diving for the first time”
Review of Octopus Diving

and up
Snorkel Tour from St Martin
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba Diving for the first time”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a great time on our first scuba diving experience with Octopus Diving in Grand Case, St.Martin. My husband, myself and our 2 children ages 15 and 12 were very excited and Sally, the owner made us feel at ease, she gave a very clear explanation beforehand and also guided my 2 kids all the way. For me as a nervouse mother (only in the beginning) a great plus!!
Also Mike kept a watchful eye on us and helped me out when first going down.
We did 2 dives of about 30-45 minutes. Is was wonderfull!!

I would surely go again when we visit the Island in the future.

Sally and Mike thank you!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Barbara K

New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Octopus Exceeds its 5 Star Reputation!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I would like to thank the entire staff of Octopus Diving, specifically Captain Lee, Mark, JT, and James. JT and Mark were my guides during my 6 Tank, 3 day scuba tour. I sincerely appreciate their professionalism, enthusiasm, and their friendly demeanor.

Not only did the Octopus team strive to make this experience enjoyable for all parties on board, but they were cognizant of the locations I had been on with them. I never repeated a dive site! This was just the Octopus staff going above and beyond to make my scuba excursions the most enjoyable possible.

We went to Fish pot, Tugboat, Gregory, and Creole Rock (did two drift dives as well) and was extremely impressed with the marine life they showed me. Safety was never an issue. In fact, JT helped a fellow diver who was having a problem with her ear. Mark was very professional, showing me numerous fish and helping me navigate the shipwrecks.

My father and brother enjoyed their snorkeling tour too! Their small tours allow for divers to maximize their dive time and leave a lot of the reef in pristine condition. I cannot thank the staff enough for their A+ operation. If you are in St. Martin and looking to dive, COME HERE. I look forward to diving again with this company whenever I come back. Thanks guys! Regards, Andrew

1 Thank andrewmazen55
Lanoka Harbor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Team!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently dove in St. Maarten with Octopus Diving. Our dive master, Mark Rowe, and our captain, Lee, spent three days with us, showing us the underwater beauty of St. Maarten! They were professional, helpful and made us feel very comfortable and safe. The overall experience was fabulous and we wouldn't hesitate to call them direct next time we have the opportunity to visit! Sally, the owner, was right there when we arrived and helped us get organized for our first dive. All of the staff were friendly and went out of their way to make sure our trip was enjoyable! I highly recommend Octopus Diving!

New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing first diving experience!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about Octopus. JT and Mark were both extremely helpful instructors and just overall cool guys to go on a dive with. The entire experience from beginning to end was fun and the equipment is all top notch. I'd highly recommend checking out Octopus when you're in St. Martin.

Visited August 2014
“Mark Rowe and Octopus diving make a great team!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Mark Rowe was very professional and informative as our dive master with octopus diving. He took us on a great dive and ensured a great show while incorporating safety for all on the dive. I'm glad I dove with octopus diving and loved having Mark as our guide.