“Will be back again!”

US$420.00*
PADI Open Water Diver course
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 March 2010

My wife and I just came back from St. Martin. We dove 2 days - 2 dives each day - with Octopus diving. We enjoyed both days and would highly recommend them to anyone. The operation was professional yet friendly. They realized that we were there on vacation to relax and have fun, yet they did not skimp on safety.

We have not been to St. Martin in 17 years and do not remember it as the best dive place we have gone to. But we thoroughly enjoyed this trip. The first day Sally was our divemaster. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing. Only 4 divers on the boat and we had Sally to ourselves, just my wife and myself as Aure took the other 2 - for both dives! We went on shallow dives and were able to stay under for 70 minutes for the first dive and 60 for the second. We say turtles, eagle rays, sting rays, barracuda and lobsters. There were plenty of reef fish as well to watch.

The second day there were again only 4 divers on the boat. The first dive Aure was our divemaster and the second Stuart served that role. Both of them were professional, courteous, and patient. We again had relaxing, interesting dives without sacrificing safety. The dives were deeper adn we made the requisite safety stops. They knew the reefs well and knew where to find the interesting creatures to share with us.

I would not hesitate to recommned Otopus Diving to anyone wishing a fun and safe experience on St. Martin.

Bob & Donna
Lancaster, PA

teamoctopus, Owner at Octopus Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Octopus Diving.
I know how long it can take to upload photo's so thank you so much.

It's great to see that George the Hawksbill turtle will soon be famous worldwide - he is awesome and follows us around the reef everyday - glad that you enjoyed his company too.

Hope to see you again soon

Team Octopus

Reviewed 1 March 2010

I have been diving for 18 years and have logged countless dives and have never came across a more laid back and friendly shop like Octopus. I took my son out with these guys for our wreck specialty, and had a terrific time. Aure and Stuart are excellent instructors and are very patient. We spent the entire day diving wrecks and had a blast, learning about how to dive wrecks safely and effectively. Now just a few more speciality dives before Master, thanks guy

Reviewed 1 March 2010

My wife and I dove with Octopus Diving on 3 different days (6 dives total). We are extremely glad that we did. Chris and Sally run a top notch outfit. Their equipment is in excellent condition and well maintained. Aure and Stuart were our dive instructors - both demonstrated a thorough knowledge of diving safety and were very familiar with the dive sites. Additionally, they closely monitored the ability of the divers and quickly reacted to ensure that less-experienced divers were treated accordingly. Working as a team, they did so without impacting the more experienced divers. Aure and Stuart also bent over backwards to assist the divers to include transporting the equipment and offering advise on diving techniques. Chris and Sally were also very helpful; they provided excellent advise on other adventure and dining opportunities on St. Maarten's.

Reviewed 28 February 2010

Sally and Chris run the best dive shop on the island! I was certified through them with a group of my friends and continue to dive with them ever since! All the instructors are really great at going over basics for those who haven't been diving in awhile. I always felt safe on dives and never rushed into something that I wasn't ready to do. They always pay attention to the weather and conditions making sure each dive will be great! Plus they know the best sites so we always end up seeing great sea life. The best part of the shop is that it has a "small town feel," they know you by name and treat you like family.
Highly recommend for anyone who wants to enjoy the underwater of St. Maarten. My friends and I will keep diving with Sally and Chris!

Reviewed 28 February 2010

What a week! I went deep sea fishing, zip lining and snorkeling. The highlight, however, had to be scuba diving with Octopus Diving. Chris and Sally were able to make everything simple and easy to understand for this 57 year-old, first time diver from Illinois. Once I got into the water Sally took pains to be sure I was comfortable with the equipment before taking me down. What followed next was an experience I can't put into words, but it is a memory I'll always cherish. If you've ever had any desire to dive, I urge you to do it; and do it with Octopus Diving. Tripadvisors' ratings only go up to five stars, but Octopus Diving really deserves more.