“Authentic”

Ranked #30 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Ti-Coin Créole sits at the northern end of the village. Don't expect a view here. What you get however is great food and authenticity.

We were greeted by Carlton, the owner's 7 year old son. He's a sweetie. Being a calm night, the chef Carl himself came to our table to explain the menu and take our orders. My wife had the lobster, I had the stuffed grouper, and my son chose the lamb. We enjoyed our meals. My son had a few comments about the lamb, but it must be put in context: in Quebec we have the best lamb in the world, and his father cooks it to perfection... Spoiled, shall we say?

We also had the pleasure of meeting Carl's sister. It's obviously a family business, and you almost feel like you've been invited for dinner by a real Saint-Martin family.

If you want to try authentic creole food without the "tourist trap" feeling of the lolos, Ti-Coin Creole is for you.

1  Thank mon_onc_steph

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Grand Case is overflowing with wonderful French restaurants,but a meal at the truly Caribbean and delicious Le Ti Coin Creole is not to be missed. We were so glad that other vacationers had recommended it to us. I had the creole goat stew, and my husband had the tamarind chicken, both of which were amazing, along with the fried plantains and a garnish of the most delicious homemade preserved (pickled??) papaya. If I could bottle that and take it home I would. Chef Carl, his wife and their adorable little boy (a maitre d' in training) are the nicest people and truly pour their heart into their cooking and their business. It's down to earth and a true creole experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We went to this restaurant on our last night of our vacation and Chef Carl was great. He recommended stuff to us which were great. Chef Carl made a goat stew and goat curry appetizer for my husband and my husband said that it was the best stew he had ever had. It was a Sunday night and, since Carl knew it was our anniversary, he gave us a bottle of a sweet wine with our dessert and we even talked him in to sharing a glass with us. We met his wife and their son, CJ. All in all, it was a very pleasant evening and we really enjoyed the local flair.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I had a truly lovely dinner here while we visited Grand Case. Chef Carl makes you feel right at home. It was a welcome change from all the very expensive french restaurants down the street. I had the whole snapper which was excellent and my husband had the grilled shrimp which was equally delicious. The portions were great and at the end of our meal Chef Carl made us an amazing basil tea which he prepared from basil leaves he cut from his garden in the back. I would go back just for the tea! If you want a truly authentic experience this is the place for you.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Nice place, little quite. We had the stuffed crab, cod fritters and créole lambi. Really good. chef and owner is really nice.

Portions are little, we would like to have more but we would go again. One of the rare place you can have authentic creole food on the island.