“Great Family Creole Restaurant”
Review of Le Ti Coin Creole

Le Ti Coin Creole
Ranked #29 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Columbia, Maryland
“Great Family Creole Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Chef Carl, his wife and son welcomed our group of 13 with smiles and open arms; but since part of the restaurant was under renovation it was a bit of a tight fit for our group. There were seats for 4-6 additional customers. If you come after July 2014, I expect the renovations will be complete and the restaurant will be in full swing again. The menu included many of our creole favorites: fish fritters, fresh local fish, chicken, goat, and lobster. Chef Carl's young son was our primary waiter and bus boy, except for the hot plates. Dinner was delicious and exactly what we were looking for that evening.

1 Thank MikeHikeEat

Groningen, The Netherlands
“Friendly chef serving excellent food in a charming place.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly chef serving excellent food in a charming place. During our stay we had dinner here twice. Good food, good price. Very friendly staff. We still smile when thinking back to our visits tot Carls restaurant. Recommended.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cornelia h
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Like family dining, with flair”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our annual trip to St. Martin/St. Maarten would not be complete without a visit to Le Ti Coin Créole Restaurant in Grand Case. For the third time in a row, we have taken new friends with us, and none has left disappointed. Chef Carl Phillips treats his guests like family, delighting taste buds with his signature blend of Caribbean and Créole cuisines. Over the years I've sampled snapper, lamb and goat, but the best yet was this year's addition of fresh lobster to the menu. After personally helping me choose my lobster from the well-stocked tank, Carl split it in two and grilled it with a simple marinade that brought out the succulent flavor of the sea. Served with sides of authentic peas-and-rice (topped with Carl's own hot sauce), fresh vegetables and the best plantains I've ever eaten, the meal left me nearly too full for dessert. Somehow I managed to find room for Carl's creamy homemade cheesecake.
The only part of the experience of dining at Le Ti Coin that can rival Carl's cooking is his hospitality. He takes the time to help his guests with their choices, and he accommodates their preferences. My wife, a vegetarian, was wowed by his simple but flavorful vegetable plate. I was truly humbled when I asked Carl if I could buy one of his cool little espresso cups for my collection, and he gave it to me! Then he loaned us an umbrella to make the dash to our car when the rain started.
Additions like new windows, curtains and the lobster tank have made Carl's homey little corner of the Grand Case strip even cozier. It's great to see a terrific chef and truly nice man like Carl succeed among the heavier (and pricier) hitters of the restaurant trade on the French side of the island.
Next time you're in St. Martin/St. Maarten, make the trip to Grand Case and make the effort to find Le Ti Coin. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank DCo1960
Maine
“One of the Best Kept Secrets in Grand Case”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just returned from another visit to St. Martin and it would not have been complete without having at least one meal with Chef Carl. This time we enjoyed the curried goat (if you haven't tried this, you haven't lived) and the shrimp. Because he is a little off the beaten path, I know folks tend to be somewhat reluctant to give him a try, but without exception, everyone we refer comes back and says they can't believe how good it was. You couldn't ask for a nicer person who happens to be an outstanding chef!

1 Thank EatingOutinMaine
Toronto, Canada
“Experience the Caribbean flavours of St Martin”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is one of the best places to experience In terms of food on the French side of St Martin. The food and aambiance can't be beat! If you want more than the traditional tourist menu,then this is the place to come to. The food is excellent and the restaurant charming, with a simple, Creole vibe. Well worth a visit.

1 Thank AWD008