“Innovative cuisine and great service”
Review of L'Estaminet - CLOSED

L'Estaminet
Price range: US$40 - US$75
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: L'ESTAMINET...A French ,innovative cuisine ,combining spices of the word and amazing flavors...And frienddly atmosphere.....
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Carole greeted us warmly on our return to her restaurant this year. My husband, daughter and myself have been dining here, for the last 3 years and have never been disappointed. My husband loves the Asparagus soup, with bacon creme brulee and camembert ice cream...it is so delicious, the flavours are incredible. I had the Lobster Bisque, so good! The Caesar salad is great, definitely a perfect starter to the incredible meals here. My daughter had the seafood risotto, done perfectly and overflowing with shrimps and scallops My compliments to Ina, a truly innovative chef and her partner, Carole, a warm and gracious host. The restaurant is intimate and welcoming, don't forget to make a reservation. This restaurant has been discovered!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband and I want to acknowledge how wonderful everything was at this restaurant - food, drink, service, ambiance and the owner just perfect! We travel extensively and have enjoyed cuisine from what are considered the "finest" restaurants in the world.
The service was prompt and friendly, the wine chilled perfectly and the staff did not try to constantly "re-fill" or rush our glasses, our salad was crisp and fresh, both entrees were superb, and the dessert - (chocolate cigar filled with a wonderful cream) a french masterpiece!
There are many restaurants in St. Maarten (we tried several) - nothing compared to L'Estaminet. This is one not to be missed!

1  Thank Dana D
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This wasn't a "must hit" for us, but we were very glad we did. We went to almost all of the restaurants in Grand Case over our 12 days, but this was one of the most memorable. Quality of the food was supurb, and actually cooked correctly - we found a number of places tended to overcook fish, not here, it was perfectly done.

Service is very French, a bit gruff but friendly at the same time. Dining room is small and gives it an intimate family feel. It is the only place where tables struck up conversations.

I would jump at a chance to go again.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Excellent menu with some real gems (the chocolate dessert was a big hit at our table). Service is very good and the French proprietor charmng.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We really enjoyed this place. Great food artfully prepared and great presentation. Stellar ingredients.