“Good but tries to hard”

L'Estaminet
Price range: US$40 - US$75
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: L'ESTAMINET...A French ,innovative cuisine ,combining spices of the word and amazing flavors...And frienddly atmosphere.....
Columbus, Ohio
“Good but tries to hard”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

On a street of great French dining, L'Estaminet tries to be creative and different. I asked our server (who was excellent) for recommendations and my husband and I each picked a recommendation. I had a scallop/foi gras combo that was good but not particularly memorable. My husband had a fish (perhaps monkfish, I don't recall exactly) with a sweet pepper risotto. Both entrees were good, but there are places that I loved more in Grand Case. Oh and for dessert - a trio of creme brûlée (chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla). Vanilla was good and traditional. The other two were unremarkable. But they were served to the table flaming....

• Visited May 2014

Westmont, New Jersey
“Slow Service/Average Meal”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We were a little concerned because there was only one other couple in the restaurant when we ate. The service was very slow. I ordered the veal special which was not very good. Everyone else thought their meal was average. Servers were nice and friendly.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Randy T
brevard, NC
“Would go back”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Carol greeted us warmly with lots of good information about the specials. We were very pleased with the presentation and quality.

Visited April 2014
Burlington, Canada
“A One of A Kind Experience”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you are looking for something different and special, L'Estaminet is the place to go! My sister and I did not read the reviews on Trip Advisor before choosing this restaurant. We just happened to walk by the restaurant, read the menu board and immediately detected this restaurant had something special and different to offer. We were right! The food was more than delicious, it was outstanding. The entrée, a cream of parsnip soup served with a side salad infused with ginger was superb. The evening special, fish (sole) covered with nut served with a vanilla butter sauce was delightful. The vegetables (broccoli, cabbage and fennel) were individually seasoned and cooked to perfection. The dessert, (le moelleux) was heaven! The service was flawless! Luc was attentive, friendly and took the necessary time to explain each course. The atmosphere was pleasant. The wine list offers a very good selection of wines to accompany your meal. If you are looking for a one of a kind experience, you will enjoy L'Estaminet.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Joanne P
Montreal, Canada
“A very creative menu”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

L'Estaminet has a very creative menu. We started with a lobster bisque that is quite different from the traditional one. And it was amazing! The main course was also delicious, one of the best I've has on the trip.

• Visited April 2014