“Amazing food!”

Price range: US$11 - US$78
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Pressoir.... Simply a must!!! Some words to describe this incredible restaurant: - a positive energy - A chef owner, very demanding on the quality and freshness of products - Family busisness with complicity and passion - Loyal, welcoming and professional staff - Sophisticated gastronomy with exceptional products Here Seaview is on the plate
Delran, New Jersey
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were blown away by the quality of the food here. Yes it's expensive. About $200 for a couple with wine. To be fair I've spent more at fancy restaurants in New York and this place was still better. It's tropical style French food. Very innovative and tasty. My appetizer was a dish of foie gras 4 different ways and my main course was grouper in a vanilla sauce. We sat outside and enjoyed the tropical breeze.

• Visited July 2014

California
“C'est parfait”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We found Le Pressoir by accident.

It was one of the best meals I have ever had anywhere - and anywhere for me includes the Eiffel Tower, and other Michelin restaurants in the US and Europe.

All the courses had an interesting twist..escargots in pastry; scallops sliced thinly, filet with brie.

I certainly would not regard it as cheap, but for 8 people for a meal think this, it could and would have been more elsewhere.

The chef clearly is first class, and Jerome who handles the clientele was terrific.

To those who complained they did not eat enough, I can on;y wonder what they normally eat. Our family is part Argentine/Italian, and use to eating plenty of steaks and pastas and we could not even manage once dessert between us.

Btw, one other couple at the table who were locals, said the restaurant is regarded as the best on island by the locals

• Visited June 2014
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great food, great service, very expensive”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our third time eating at Le Pressoir and once again it was impressive. The décor is great and the service is probably the best in Grand Case...very cordial and proper but not stuffy. They definitely place a strong emphasis on delivering a fine dining experience, which it is. As for our meals, I had a mixed salad to start which was surprisingly bland. However, my filet mignon was excellent. My wife had lobster bisque and a fish special which she enjoyed very much. The only reason this place doesn't get an excellent rating is that, although the food and service is very good, I didn't think it was necessarily better than some of the other places in Grand Case given that it was by far the most expensive dinner on out rip ($300+ including a bottle of wine and tip). I also have to deduct some points for the salad (how do you mess that up?). So overall this place generally has delicious food and top notch service but the price makes it less of a value relative to some of the other options in town. We will probably be back though. They do make it an enjoyable experience.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank 628Michael
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“World Class French Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Of the restaurants I visited while in Grand Case, Le Pressoir is the one that gets my 5-star restaurant rating. There is a level of restaurant that exceeds 5 star, and truly sets the bar at the highest level for its category. This is French dining at its finest, and I doubt the meal I ate at Le Pressoir will be surpassed any time soon.

Being from Boston, we have all sorts of international food, but there is a noticeable lack of good French food. It was my goal to eat at a fine French establishment, and savor some dishes of French renown. I wanted the best of the best, and I found it at Le Pressoir. Even though I saw the menu day 1 while checking in at Grand Case Beach club, we saved this restaurant until the last day.

We selected a fantastic dry Pouille Fuissy, and adored every drop.
For an appetizer, we selected the foie gras sample, which comes with four kinds of foie gras.
Each selection of foie gras was expertly created to deliver the most unique and purposeful flavor. The texture and presentation of each was perfect. The one I found most interesting was the foie gras creme brulee. This sample platter contained the best foie gras I've tasted, and its flavor will linger in my mind for years to come.

For main courses, she selected a braised duck in an anise sauce, and I chose a milk-fed veal tenderloin filet minion with a mushroom sauce. Both dishes were inspiring. The veal was as tender a piece of meat as one can find, and the flavor was exceptional. The duck wowed the senses, and excited the palette.

We concluded the evening with the essential french espresso and strawberry tart.
The staff was very courteous, and extremely knowledgeable about the menu selections. While it is unfortunate that Le Pressoir was not offering an equal dollar for euro exchange (thus making this meal a bit pricier for Americans), it was still worth every penny as I truly believe Le Pressoir to be perfect definition of fine French cuisine.

I love food, and am most impressed with what a chef is able to do in the kitchen. Le Pressoir is a culinary delight, and one that absolutely can not be missed if you go to Grand Case. Be prepared to spend in order to eat here, but take my assurance that the price should serve as no barrier if you want the absolute best. This restaurant is truly World Class, and are the purveyors of some of the finest food I've had the pleasure of enjoying.

I have every plan to return to Le Pressoir to see what tremendous culinary experience they'll have cooking up then. Meanwhile, I can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jamie B
NYC
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've been to Grand Case 3 times and it is now a tradition for us to dine her our first night.

The food is some of the best in town and perhaps in the world. The service is impeccable. The atmosphere is romantic - it's a very lovely island house.

• Visited May 2014