“Excellent Experience”
Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$15 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have a tendency to frequent restaurants we really love but decided on something new for date night. We went to Bistrot Caraibes on a recommendation and we were certainly not disappointed. The welcome drink was a pleasant surprise. Everyone from the minute of our arrival was very pleasant and our server was attentive and had a delightful personality. The wine list had a good range of selections and prices. We enjoyed a number of samplings off the appetiser menu and I finished with the filet topped with foie gras. Can't go wrong with that! As regular Grand Case diners we certainly plan to add Bistrot Caraibes into the rotation.

1  Thank Kass J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,892)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This might be a bit late but seeing all the great reviews for this Grand Case French beauty I can now say I did not put this off any longer. My wife and I vacationed in St. Maarten in May of 2011 in Oyster Pond. This Bistrot was highly recommended to us by the staff. We had visited Grand Case twice earlier in the week so with 2 days to go we decided to get in our "older" rented car and make the drive through the mountains for our French dinner. We dressed up Island style and arrived in time for a beautiful almost sunset dinner. We dined on a champagne toast followed by our main courses, thinly sliced veal scallopini for me and an appetizing red snapper for my hunny. We had an after dinner drink of peach or apricot flavored liquer that was smooth to the taste and very well received.
Glad to see the reviews are still coming in and highly tout the Bistrot Caraibes. Everyone should experience this wonderful experience as we will when we plan to return to the island.

5  Thank Stuie36
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had the pleasure of being treated to a meal at Bistrot Caraibes. The food was delicious, the service attentive, the atmosphere casual and sophisticated at the same time. Our hosts are regular visitors to the island and claim Amaury & Thibault's restaurant as their favorite. It has now become ours and we can't wait to make the trip again! Our party of four had a variety of beef, lamb and seafood. No one was disappointed!

1  Thank wingsrn
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not sure if they only do this in "low season" but they offered us a welcome drink when we sat down. Nice glass of champagne for me, wine for my husband. Our shared appetizer - Hot Goat Cheese in a Crust, Smoked Breast of Duck, served on a Salad - was excellent. My main course - Veal Scallopini Roasted and Gratinated with Blue Cheese - was fantastic. Shared dessert - Hot Chocolate cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce - quite good, for the chocolate lovers among us.

We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned, during our week-long stay. This time, I had the Roasted Sea Scallops, Tomatoes, Green Asparagus, Light Butter Sauce with Bacon. Very good, but not as outstanding as the veal. Maybe because I really, really like Blue Cheese! We shared the Créme Brulée, which was absolutely perfect (for something not chocolate!) - we scraped up every last bit of it.

Service was impeccable - friendly and professional - and at the end of the evening we were treated to a shot of the house ginger rum. Wonderful experience, certainly will return when we go back to St. Martin.

1  Thank GreatTravel001
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is one of our 3 best, must visit, restaurants in Grand Case. A lovely place to relax and enjoy the evening with great food and service. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed their first visit to Bistrot Caraibes. Their lobster thermador is special.