“Island style, French flair”
Review of Bistrot Caraibes

Bistrot Caraibes
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Caraibes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$15 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our second visit to Bistrot Caraibes, and once again, it did not disappoint. Service is attentive; neither too brisk nor annoyingly slow, as can sometimes be the case in the Caribbean. Although a little pricey, I felt like we were getting what we paid for. My St. Jacques were perfectly cooked, and just the right portion size to leave room for an exquisite dessert. Wine was good and not outrageously priced. Good food and value in what can sometimes be an expensive town. We'll definitely be back. Recommended!

1  Thank Virginia R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,892)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I don't have time to write a long review and everything I'm going to write is just a rehash of everyone else's reviews. But go for the Lobster Thermidor! I've eaten hundreds if not a thousand pound of lobster in my life and I must say I like this version the most! It's absolutely RICH and fantastic so you don't need to eat a 5 pounder (like I did myself). Just share a medium sized one and you'll be fine.

2  Thank 2thimplantdoc
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We ordered 3lb lobster & 1 soup to share. We drank water (6.50 for the bottle of water) and our total with tip was over $120. Yes, the food was good, but nothing that stood out from other places on the island. Pricey for no reason really.

3  Thank michael14nicole
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent meal here and the service was first class, which we thought at first was perhaps influenced a little by the apartment we were staying in having the same owners but we noticed as the evening went on that everyone seemed to receive the same enthusiastic welcome! It was pricey (to an Englishman) but worth it for a special meal.

1  Thank Graham D
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I had Eggplant Bavarios & the sautéed snails for appetizers. For the mains we shared their smallest lobster and the fisherman's platter. We were too stuffed for desert - the lobsters in the Caribbean are large (our lobster was a bit over 3 lbs).

The appetizers were very good but the mains were average. The lobster and the fish in the fisherman's platter were overcooked to the point of being rubbery. That was a real let down considering everything else was pretty top notched.

We were there on a Sunday evening for our anniversary and the place was pretty dead - we were there fairly early and it likely got busier as the night progressed. The main street in Grand Case - where they are located - is small, busy and a one way. A person in a beat up motorcycle went by repeatedly and endlessly and as loudly as possible. Between the non-functioning muffler and the smell of non-combusted petrol this pretty much ruined the relaxed open air ambience for us at this restaurant. Not their fault in any way - but since they are an open air and street facing establishment realize you are at the mercy of the street and its inhabitants.

3  Thank RandomString