Hotel L'Esplanade
Hevea(Grand Case)(Great Value!)
US$109
Over The Hill(Grand Case)(Great Value!)
US$88
Priceline
Sol e Luna Hotel(Grand Case)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$237
Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
US$167
TripAdvisor
Love Residence(Grand Case)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrestaurant rowdeluxe loftpool barshort walkgrand case bayst martinwelcome basketorient beachfull kitchenhill overlookingour honeymoonsister hotelrental carbaguetteperfect hotelview from the balconyreception area
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Was not looking forward to the hotels in the Virgin Islands, seemed run-down & overpriced. Was in for such a pleasant surprise, each one we went to on each island got better & better. L'Esplanade was such a pleasure, & we only wish we could have stayed longer.
Loved strolling through the gardens down to the beach & the great restaurants & shops. Felt like our own little village.
We agree wholeheartedly with all above comments.

Hope one day we will get to go back...a long way from Australia though!
Keep up that star rating.

Thank you for looking after us so well.

1  Thank KLTSunshineCoast
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and it was wonderful!! First and foremost--the staff here is AMAZING--so helpful and they go above and beyond in order to help you with anything you may need! We loved our room, it almost felt like a little townhome--so awesome! The concierge also helped us to set up a trip to St. Barth's Island for the day--which is another beautiful island. St. Maarten was definitely a very interesting and of course beautiful place! My new hubby definitely booked the right hotel on this island :)

2  Thank BrittanyDallas
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at Hotel L'Esplanade for our Honeymoon. What a great hotel, rooms were very nice and well kept. The views were amazing. So easy to get to resturants, shopping and attractions. I felt Hotel L'Esplanade was located in the perfect spot. The staff were amazing..especially Nat....she was so helpful from start to the end of our stay from recommending places to go to finding us a charger for our camera that we forgot to take.

We will definetly be returning to St. Martin and staying at Hotel L'Esplanade !!

Anthony & Kristen - Long Island, NY

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at L'esplanade twice in March. 2 x 1 night stays before and after a cruise. We found it through Trip Advisor. The hotel has a huge huge plus and a couple of minus' for me. The rooms are stunning. The balconies and views are stunning. On the flip side it's a lovely pool but quite small and a bit too quiet for me. I also prefer to be on a beach. St Maartens a long way from Europe to get there and not have a hotel on the beach. Finally I missed the hotel not having a restaurant and in tandem with this the lack of a few hot things for breakfast (appreciate this is the French side and it serves continental breakfasts and that the rooms do have kitchens and cooking facilities).

I loved Grand Case. Within a 5/10 minute walk are lots of quaint shops and a host of beautiful restaurants.

Would I go back? I'd consider cost of rooms and probably say no as it's a lot to pay if it doesn't tick all your boxes. I question the hotel tag? More like self catering apartments with a reception area and a pool for all.

If you really want to go to this bay and want luxury then it's here or Grand Case Beach Club, (which looks worth a try, doesn't really have a beach but is next to the sea, and probably wouldn't guarantee beautiful balcony/room views or even a sea view).

Worth remembering that this was in the top 25 Caribbean Hotels in the latest travellers choice awards. I can think of at least 25 other hotels that more closely match my requirements and am no Caribbean Hotels expert however, it's a huge compliment to this place and the gorgeous apartments.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LuxurySeekerNorwich
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations by a long shot. We had a suite and the room was incredible and romantic. It was clean and smelled amazing. The bath soaps/shampoos were of high quality which I always love. TV channels were great and lots of free movie channels. I loved that the welcome basket contained a baguette, nutella, and coffee. The staff were friendly and helped us book an amazing excursion of high quality to Anguilla. Overall it was a dream and would come back forever if I could!

3  Thank kadinino