As we are packing our belongings to depart today, there is an extreme wave of sadness. We do not return home, or back to "reality", but instead we continue our island-hopping adventure through the Lesser Antilles. My husband and I seriously thought about canceling the remainder of the trip so that we could stay here, at L'Esplanade, with this amazing staff.
This is going to be long... Sorry in advance!
When we arrived on Monday, we were greeted with the most welcoming South African accent, to which we were introduced to Natalie, who is a true gem found rarely in the hospitality industry. To the owner of this fabulous hotel - Natalie is an amazing representation of your facility. She is welcoming, caring, full of knowledge, and the overall well-being of each and every guest she encounters. Although we fully understood this was not a "full service" hotel, Natalie's service made us feel more important and more loved than any other hotel/resort staff has before. We are not "world travelers", but we do enjoy our trips and vacations, and Natalie made this stay for us. She is above the rest. Natalie, enjoy your weekend off -- a much deserved, for such an amazing hotelier. If you ever decide to come to the States, please look us up. We would be honored to have you join our team!
My husband and I stayed in #12, a two story loft with two terraces, beautiful decor and ... CLEAN! Although we did not have the opportunity to meet any of the Housekeeping Department, we were absolutely blown away with the cleanliness of the unit. As hoteliers, we tend to be on the look out for "wrong things". We couldn't find anything. It was such an amazing feeling, walking into an establishment and feeling "good" about your decision. After planning a wedding, spending a week with close family and friends for that wedding, and leaving our home to travel to the Caribbean.... This was the first chance we had to... Just breathe. We walked through our clean and very well maintained unit, to the downstairs terrace and just took a breath. This. Is. Vacation. You will not regret your decision to stay here.
The staff gave us some great tips that we highly recommend including on your vacation:
1. First and foremost, before you unpack... Go see Alan at the bar. He is incredible. One conversation with him makes you feel like you've known him for years. Try the piña colada or his "special" rhum drink. He never disappoints. We stopped in to see Alan once every day.
2. Most will tell you to rent a car. We did not. We met a taxi driver, Benjamin, with Golden Boy Taxi, who took care of us from the beginning to the end of our trip. Give him 30 minute notice, and he will be sure to get to you. He showed us around, and told us some amazing stories of the island. Great recommendation by the hotel staff! Please continue to promote Benjamin!
3. Restaurant Row is a must. Try to mix up the favors-- eat at one of the Lolo's restaurants and at least one French Rstaurant. Staff recommend Le'Pressior... Wow! Best meal we have had in a while.
4. Orient Bay. It's a nudey beach... Nuff said. Staff recommended Waikiki and Bikini Bar... We loved both, and went to Pedro's and La Playa as well.
5. Loterie Farm- a must. Make sure you have tennis shoes/sneakers. Do not take a book bag, sunglasses and camera okay. We did the Extreme course, a two-hour course of zip lining down Pic Paradise. Andrew was a great tour guide. Stop in to see the beautiful Rose at the bar afterwards.
6. Pinnel Island. We heard was a must see, but we ran out of time. I will repost after our next visit.
My husband and I will be back. We love Hotel L'Esplanade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid lush tropical gardens, affording its visitors privacy without sacrificing its panoramic ocean views. Spacious interiors blend harmoniously with the Mediterranean architecture. Magical sunsets come to you on your private terrace to touch your soul. A delightful footpath leads you on a journey of discovery. We invite you to find your own rhythm, knowing that our staff is there to ensure that your every day is a perfect day, knowing that your comfort is our excellence and with us, you are home. For those who appreciate privacy, enjoy an uncrowded atmosphere, gracious hospitality and seek relaxation in exclusive, blissful surroundings...Welcome to Hotel L'Esplanade. Introducing our new Ti Spa for all of your beauty and relaxation needs! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel l Esplanade