Hotel L'Esplanade
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Grand Case
See available hotels
LOVE(Grand Case)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Le Petit Hotel(Grand Case)
Privilege Resort(Anse Marcel)
View Hotel
Orient Bay Hotel(Orient Bay)
  • Pool
Pavillon Beach(Grand Case)
View Hotel
Hotel Mont Vernon(Cul de Sac)
View Hotel
All reviewsrestaurant rowdeluxe loftpool barshort walkgrand case bayst martinwelcome basketorient beachfull kitchenhill overlookingour honeymoonsister hotelrental carbaguetteperfect hotelview from the balconyreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2007

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was perfect! I couldn't imagine a more romatic hotel or location. The hotel beautiful. The staff are wonderful, and the view from the balcony is breathtaking. Although not right on the beach, the hotel overlooks the sea and the quaint village of Grand Case. There are restaurants nearby and the intimate beach near the Grand Case Beach Club is wonderful. This was by far the best hotel we've ever stayed at. The hotel is great, Grand Case is great, and St Martin is great as it offers something for everyone!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Merenz
Reviewed 8 March 2007

My favorite memory of St. Martin is having breakfast
from our terrace each morning. The view overlooking
the Caribbean Sea is a great way to start the day.

L'Esplanade has these red bougainvilla flowers that
sort of surrounded our terrace. My wife is really into
flowers and she thought L'Esplanade was a paradise.

We visited several beaches during our stay. My favorite
was Dawn Beach - located where St. Martin meets
St. Maarten. The unusual thing about Dawn Beach is
you have to park and enter through the new Westin hotel.

My second favorite was Friars Bay or Happy Beach.
There are several entrances from Highway 70, but its
best to ask directions. This is another quaint beach
with some shelling opportunites.

Third was the famous Orient Beach. The beach and
water is very beautiful. There are some interesting beach
bars that add flavor to the beach.

We took an excursion to Anguilla. The beaches are
extraordinary. (Have I mentioned that I'm into beaches?)

L'Esplanade is within walking distances to all the
restaurants on Grand Case. If you pay cash, rather
than credit card, you can usually get a one-to-one euro
exchange at many of the restaurants.

Driving in St. Martin is quite an experience. The roads
are narrow and it feels like you're filming a sequel to
the French Connection much of the time. After awhile
you get used to it.

On our first night, L'Espanade treated the guests to
an extended happy hour. The bartenders, Alain and
Alexander (brothers) were a lot of fun. I think Alain
could make big bucks as a comedian if he were to
move on from pouring rum punches. Lulu, the entertainment
for the night, has a voice that would put most American
Idol contestants to shame. Smooth as silk.

All in all it was a great trip!

6  Thank timbuck2
Reviewed 8 March 2007

This hotel is a unique gem,,,,everything about it is unique and special,,,,i can't recommend it highly enough,,,from the delightful rooms, to the attentive and professional staff,,,to Alain at the pool,,,,there is nothing in my experience quite like it,,,,don't go if you want glitzly, large resort type buzz,,,but if you are interested in a fantastic boutique hotel experience with walking access to the great restaurants of Grand Case, this is the place for you. The hotel also attracts very nice guests,,,,we always enjoy meeting folks by the pool.

This was our second stay at the hotel, and if anything, it was even better than our first stay,,,,

2  Thank djgordon
Reviewed 1 March 2007

My wife and I stayed here from 2/10-2/17 and could not have been happier with our stay. The hotel is immaculate, outstandung views, a great pool with the friendliest and best bartender (with his mothers and wife's help!) in Alen. The people at Esplanade booked all 7 of our dinners, catamaran snorkel day trip and our trip to Saba. They did it all quickly and perfectly. The walk to the restaurants in Grand Case is quick, easy and actully quite nice and only the infirmed could complain about it. We ate 5 nights in Grand Case Restaurants- Cottage, Tastevin, Pressior, Spiga, once in Marigot at the L' Gaic for Valentines night and Marios Bistro. All were outstanding! Yes the Euro hurt and our averge tab with tip was $200, but the food some of the best I have had and, well, if I wanted to save money I would have stayed home. The all day trip on the Cat withScoobi Doo was excellent- very new and well maintained 75 ft cat - the Friday Anguilla trip we took I would recommend highly. The day trip to quiet and mountainess Saba is well worth the time and was glad we did it. Would I return? I am already planning my Feb week back at the Esplanade. I have stayed all over the Caribbean and we will go to new places, but one week ieach winter will be reserved here!

3  Thank DMehring
Reviewed 28 February 2007

My wife and I have three young children and busy lives and it's taken us four years to find the time to take a romantic vacation. We couldn't have found a better location to get away from it all. The Hotel L'Esplanade is a meticulously maintained and charming property located just outside Grand Case on the french side of St. Martin. The beautiful beaches, fine restaurants, and shopping in Grand Case are just a short (6-8 minute) walk from the hotel. Not that there really was any reason to want to get away from our fantastic suite. It was just beautiful with a gorgeous patio, newly renovated bathroom (I never wanted to leave the shower), and full kitchen. We were also very happy to spend some time in the pool area which was just beautiful and incredibly peaceful. The service at L'Esplanade was outstanding from the pool bar to the maid service to reception. Further we found the staff to be personable, professional, and attentive to our needs. We had some rather demanding requests for dinner reservations, flight arrangements, and directions, and they handled them all wonderfully. We very highly recommend Hotel L'Esplanade!

5  Thank jakphoto