“Bets stay on sxm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel L'Esplanade

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Case
Hotel L'Esplanade
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Grand Case
“Bets stay on sxm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

That is and will always have a special place in our lives close by to grand case walking distance and helpfull staff very clean rooms my choice to stay

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank 1scubasteve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Very beautiful experience. Quiet surroundings, very clean. Staff was superb, and very helpful. So nice to be able to walk to everywhere and not have to hassle with a car or parking!
The suit was delightful and the pool area was very tropical feeling.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stellacrispino
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

We took a preholiday time vacation here in Mid December. Before we left at the end of the week we already knew this would be a hotel we would retun to many times. The room was beautiful, the views incredible, watching sunsets from our private balcony. It is a peaceful hotel, unobstrusive but elegant.
From our hotel, we walked each day and night to the most wonderful restaurants and the local beach. An easy walk. Grand Case is a town where real people live and work , so don't expect a gated all inclusive tourist paradise.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RCH81
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

I first visited St. Martin and stayed at L'Esplanade for my birthday in November 2007. My initial review after that trip is here, http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147351-d151157-r11324981-Hotel_L_Esplanade-Grand_Case_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html. I decided to add another review because I've since returned to St. Martin 7 times and stayed at L'Esplanade 6 of those times. The only time I did not stay at L'Esplanade was during my most recent trip when I was traveling with a large group of people and we decided to rent a villa near the Dutch border. The villa was spectacular but I found myself missing the friendliness, service, and convenience of being at L'Esplanade. L'Esplanade is an absolutely beautiful hotel with the best staff on the planet. It's one of those rare places where you look at the photos on the website and the place lives up to those expectations. I've stayed in every type of room in the hotel and they are all spectacular; I favor the one-bedroom suites because they feel like someplace I could permanently live in. The pool area is great for those days when you don't want to go to the beach. Alain, the bartender makes the best drinks around and his Mom does wonders with seafood on the grill; they are also two of the nicest people you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. It really does feel like you're hanging out with friends being at L'Esplanade.

Although the hotel is not directly on the beach, it is incredibly easy to either walk or drive to one. I always rent a car through the hotel which includes pick up and drop off at the airport. My favorite beach is Pinel Island. The water is amazing and the 3 restaurants on the island are all very good with my favorite being Karibuni. I tend to catch an early ferry to Pinel and just spend the entire day lazing away under an umbrella. The ferry to Pinel is about a 5 minute drive from the property and costs $7 per person roundtrip.

The restaurants in Grand Case are to die for. If you love French food, Le Pressoir, Le Cottage, Bistro Caraibes, and L'Auberge Gourmande will satisfy. Spiga, which is the closest restaurant to L'Esplanade has unbelievable Italian food. For more low-key dining I would recommend Calmos Cafe - you can't beat a place on the water where the floor is beach sand. A new restaurant/club, Le Shore, popped up since my first visit. This place is very Miami-ish, and fills the need for late night partying without leaving Grand Case. It's actually a really comfortable place to have a few drinks, listen to music, and look out at Anguilla at night.

I can't say enough good things about L'Esplanade. I've stayed at many hotels in the Caribbean and it rivals the best of them in every aspect including the friendly staff, cleanliness of the property, and professionalism of the management. If I would add anything to the property it would be an elliptical machine in the pool area to work off those French dinners. I look forward to my next trip to St. Martin and returning to my home away from home, L'Esplanade.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BostonFitz
Helsinki
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

Hotel L'Esplanade is not a hotel. It is a rental agency for furnished rooms. L'Esplanade does not have a manned reception, breakfast room, bar, restaurant, anything. The rooms are clean but the price as of December 2010 and the level fo the room have no correlation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank eekHelsinki
kcpingc, Owner at Hotel L'Esplanade, responded to this review, 12 February 2011
Needless to say, we were very disappointed to see this review. It was so off base that we truly thought that it was posted in the wrong spot. I contacted TripAdvisor and apparently it does meet all of their criteria. Just to clarify a few points, we are a "hotel", we absolutely have a manned reception with 2 or 3 people working at each shift, it is true that we don't have a "breakfast room" but we do serve breakfast in your room if you desire it, we have a fully operational bar at our pool area with one of the funniest bartenders on the island and we do serve a full lunch at the bar. We are within a 5 minute walk to 30 of the best restaurants on the island so we don't feel the need to have a dinner restaurant, however Alain will make you a candlelit, private, poolside dinner if you'd like to stay on property for dinner. Maybe in the end, the title of this review is a bit of a compliment because as a great repeat guest of ours says, "L'Esplanade is like being home without the work". This review just gives us fuel to triple our efforts! Thanks for reading.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

L Esplanade... A beautiful place with beautiful people to greet you and take care of your every need.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ddfhorgan
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Spent two weeks in Hotel L'esplanade for business/pleasure. During my life I've spend a lot of time in hotels all around the world and this is the best hotel-experience I've ever had.

For the facilities, personnel in and around the hotel, furniture, service, pleasing architecture and ambiance I certainly would rate an A. The view from the balcony is breathtaking!! Besides this Grandcase is a very nice area with great local food and nice shops. I'll come back soon!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Belmond La Samanna
Belmond La Samanna
#1 of 1 in Terres Basses
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,082 reviews

Been to Hotel L'Esplanade? Share your experiences!