“Best Dining Experience Ever!”

La Villa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Words cannot convey how magical this dining experience was for me and my husband out last night in St. Martin, but I shall make an attempt. I adored the quaint French atmosphere, the little glowing heart on the table, and the French accent of the staff who served us. Now folks, I've traveled all over the US, Canada, and Mexico, and I can honestly say, the service at La Villa is unmatched anywhere I have ever dined, hands down. We ordered a bottle of wine, and at MOST restaurants, soon as it's in the ice bucket, it's our responsibility to top off our wine glass. At La Villa, 3 different people came by to top off our glass before it ever got empty. Any time we asked for anything, the response was always "Right away!" and they were on their toes the entire time. All of the food was delightful and the presentation was beautiful and artistic. I ordered the special seafood combo of lobster, shrimp and scallops in a delectable lobster sauce. The best part was the dessert: Irish Coffee Ice Cream. We ended up being the last couple in the restaurant as they were preparing to close for the night, but they never once rushed us and kept saying "Take your time." Thank you again to the amazing staff at La Villa for making our last night in St. Martin so memorable and perfect.

2  Thank eyecandyphotog

Reviewed 31 July 2014

A wonderful restaurant on the Grand Case strip. This place serves french food with some Caribbean elements and Asian elements. I found the food to be very innovative and delicious, always cooked perfectly. You won't be disappointed. They even accept an even exchange for euros and dollars and have a fixed price 3 course meal for 49 euros/dollars per person. After dinner they offer free shots of home made rum!

1  Thank Jack J
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I ate at La Villa on Sunday, July 27, my last night in St. Martin. Our taxi driver, Marcel, recommended it to us and he was right. The food was delicious. I had the lobster linguini. The portion was great for the dollar. I only wish it had more lobster. I also had the lobster bisque. I was a little disappointed. It was not good - only bisque, no lobster. One of my girlfriends had the sea bass and she said it was delicious as well. Our server was excellent. I am sorry, I do not remember his name, young, handsome, black gentleman. He was very attentive and offered my girlfriends (I do not drink alcohol) complimentary rum cocktails.I would recommend this restaurant. They to accept credit, but you will pay more to use. If you pay with cash the price is the same as if using euros.

1  Thank Jacquelyn H
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After many great reviews from friends and trip advisor, we decided that La Villa would be one of the French restaurant we would try while on St. Marten. I am soooooo glad we did! This place is perfection. Between the owner and our superb waiter, Jean - Carlos , our evening was perfection. The food was delicious and expertly prepared and served. I will definitely go back to la Villa!!

1  Thank Darra R
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This was our one splurge meal on our two weeks on the island. Great service, cute atmosphere, very good food. We both ordered the "price fix" three course meal, with me upgrading to the seafood option for an extra $15. The three course meal was actually 4, as they started us with an amazing chilled cauliflower soup. The apps were phenomenal! The entrees were good, however i thought my lobster was a bit overcooked- not bad enough for me to complain, but the reason i didnt give a full 5 starts. Hubbs also thought his chicken may have been a tad overcooked, but I thought his tasted fine. The desserts were out of this world! Also I cannot say enough about thw fantastic and friendly service, we will be back!