“Excellent Restaurant!”

Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Business meetings, View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Four adults had dinner at Le Tastevin at the end of April. I cannot say enough good things about it! From the warm greeting you receive from the owner to the excellent wait staff and food, the dinner experience was wonderful! I highly recommend the grouper and the pork medallions. And don't forget to try a dessert. or a wine from their extensive list.
And the pretty view made the evening perfect!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

While in St Martin we decided to try some french food and Le Tastevin was recommended.
LUCKY US..Despite arriving 20 minutes early, we we not only gladly accommodated , we got a table by the water with a great view. Being a French restaurant, I had to try the french onion soup. It was the best I've ever had.A delicious broth full of onions, cheese and bread, it was a meal unto itself.I opted for the pork tenderloin, my wife and her 2 cousins ordered fish dishes. My wife loved her grouper and everyone enjoyed the wine selected by our host, Jose Manrique. Dessert was tempura pomme.Our waiter was all over the restaurant, or so I thought..Turns out the waiters were twins.we had a good laugh
over that.
Fabulous food, great service, attentive owner..Unanimously the best meal of our week long stay. MERCI BEAUCOUPS

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The food was attractively presented, served at the correct temperature, and delicious. This was fine gourmet dining.The service was warm and welcoming.I hope to dine here many more times in the future!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We love this place. It's a beautiful restaurant lovingly run by an excellent staff! We started with French onion soup and pate. Followed by rack of lamb in a reduction of lemon sauce. Yes, lemon. And, it was outstanding. The gnocchi parmesan that accompanied it was excellent as well. I had become very fatigued not realizing I was coming down with something that hit me the next day. So walking back up the hill to our hotel (which is usually a great way to walk off the meal) I could not do. The manager was lovely and called for the new go-cart service that operates between various hotels and the restaurants. That was pretty cool, actually! We were whisked home in no time. We will be back !

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went to Le Tastevin for lunch on the recommendation of friends. I would not g o again. Yes it is in Grand Case, yes it has white tablecloths and is on the water,. The waiter was aloof and the food was good. We ordered the lobster & shrimp salad. There were 3 large grilled shrimp(very tasty) but we had to look for the lobster. We found a few flakes on the top, but nothing more.Given the hype about wonderful food in Grand Case, we were very disappointed. St Maarten has many gourmet food establishments, but in my opinion this is not one of them.

1  Thank GSLGigHarbor_WA