“Life by the Drop”

Grapewine
Ranked #38 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a GREAT wine shop. The owners have left their native France behind, taking a little bit of it with them to this outstanding wine boutique in Hope Estates. Stop by for a few minutes and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Randy J

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I went in to get a bottle of white that I had tried in one of the restaurants and was told it wasn't a very good wine…. but back in my place. The "owner" then shared with me some of the other whites that he had that were much better. I sampled 3 whites and didn't find them to be any better than the one I remembered. I then decided to go for a red which is what I usually drink. He was very helpful and directed me to a red wine that was just perfect.

1  Thank Cleow2013
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been to this wine shop several times since it opened. François and his wife treats us as family and takes whatever time it takes to find and suggest the right wine. Last week François suggested I try a 2010 Clos des Menuts, a nice blend of 85% Merlot, 10% Cabenet Sauvignon and 5% Cabenet Franc. One word: Excellent! The shop also has a large selection of French delicacies.
Conveniently located in Hope Estate, which makes it close to Mont Vernon, Cul de Sac and Grand Case. For that matter St. Martin/St. Maarten is small enough that I would drive from Marigot to purchase my wines from François!

Nous avons été à ce magasin de vins plusieurs fois depuis son ouverture. François et son épouse nous traite comme famille et prend tout le temps qu'il faut pour trouver et suggérer le bon vin. La semaine dernière, François a proposé j'ai essayer un 2010 Clos des Menuts, un joli mélange de 85 % Merlot, 10 % Cabenet Sauvignon et 5 % Cabenet Franc. Un seul mot : Excellent !
Idéalement situé à Hope Estate, ce qui le rend proche de Mont Vernon, Cul de Sac et Grand Case. D'ailleurs, St. Martin/St. Maarten est assez petit pour que j'ai conduirait de Marigot pour acheter mes vins de François ! (Bing translate)

2  Thank friendlytrips
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you are in St Maarten this is the best place to purchase wine.
The owners were very knowledgable and very friendly.After our first visit( yes we were there daily!) they treated us like friends!
Visit this shop!

3  Thank Mary Alice R
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We just discovered Grapewine when we were in St. Martin last week and boy, are we glad we did!! The location could not have been better for us as it is close to the Simply supermarket and very near Grand Case. The owners were so helpful and friendly!! Recommended wines for us based on our telling them what we like! We went in several days during the week as we enjoyed trying new French wines we had not discovered before. Will go back every trip to St. Martin!

3  Thank wbyrd1