“Spectacular Setting - Beautiful Sunsets”
Review of Le Shambala

Le Shambala
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$34 - US$78
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A magical setting for a new restaurant Le Shambala located on Grand Case Beach. Fine dining, with a wide selection of quality fish, lobster & meats. Only fresh food of the highest quality strictly selected and cooked with a fusion of European and Carribean flavours by a French Antillean Chef .According to the market, the chief may change some dishes.Le Shambala offers one of the most spectacular sunsets of the island.We invite you to join us for sunset cocktails and fine dining on the Carribean Sea.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Spectacular Setting - Beautiful Sunsets”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We dined at Le Shambala during the week that a group of us were there for my 40th birthday. I'm really into atmosphere in restaurants and Le Shambla has put a lot of thought into their design, aesthetics and lighting. The result is a heavenly experience.

The entire restaurant is outside and the "lounge" area has sand and these lovely seating areas made out of drift wood. The music was perfect, lighting was stunning and the furnishings etc.. make it the best.

The menu is limited and while everything was "good" nothing was exceptional although a couple of folks in our group sang the praises for the food and commented on how good the lamb was.

The service was impeccable and the staff was so friendly. Our server was very thoughtful and they found out at the end that it was my birthday so they brought us a sample of desserts that were exceptional.

I will definitely go back here. While its an expensive destination I felt as if it was worth it. I think they will do well and as more people find them I'm sure they will carve out a loyal following. This restaurant had such a lovely ambiance we even went back another night just for drinks!

Durham, North Carolina
“Outstanding Food, Even Better Sunset View”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We sat down early to miss an early evening shower, and were rewarded with one of the most beautiful sunset views I have ever seen. It would have been awfully hard for the meal to top the view, but the outstanding meal certainly came close. The asparagus soup was a wonderful starter, and the rack of lamb was cooked to perfection. The chocolate dessert was one of the best desserts I have had at any restaurant in my life. So rich and thoroughly decadent. The service was outstanding as well. It was our last night on the island, and a wonderful way to say farewell!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice bot overpriced”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good food, not excellent. Very chic upscale ambiance. The flavor was good, but I thought I could get a much better value at other restaurants. I will not go out of my way to go back.

1 Thank russ h
Groton, CT
“New and surprisingly good”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

New and surprisingly good
There have been several operations in this location over the years, but this one got it right. In its peer up group of the very fine, and more e4xpensive, dining venues in Grand case, they have the best view, right on the beach. Their staff is very attentive and nice as well. We put them to the test and ordered some of the more exotic dishes and they were perfect. We asked for a wine recommendation and to our surprise and unlike some of the other high end restaurants in Grand Case, their recommendation was at moderate, as opposed to high, price.
We were there when they were open less than two weeks and probably served only a few dozen meals. I was prepared to cut the new folks some slack, but they performed like seasoned pros. We will definitely return next trip.

• Visited November 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“Paris transformed !”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

What an amazing place!
Sitting at waters edge, wave flowing in while sipping on imported French wines.
Our waiter/wine expert, Pierre, was a great help in selecting our libation.
The setting is pristine, the menu was not only uniquely special but presented in artful
Style.
The restaurant is part of a newly opened luxury boutique hotel
DONT MISS it,