“Shambala has a lot to offer”
Review of Le Shambala

Le Shambala
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$35 - US$82
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A magical setting for a new restaurant Le Shambala located on Grand Case Beach. Fine dining, with a wide selection of quality fish, lobster & meats. Only fresh food of the highest quality strictly selected and cooked with a fusion of European and Carribean flavours by a French Antillean Chef .According to the market, the chief may change some dishes.Le Shambala offers one of the most spectacular sunsets of the island.We invite you to join us for sunset cocktails and fine dining on the Carribean Sea.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Shambala has a lot to offer. Incredible view, exquisite food, great service, pleasing decor. We had a wonderful dinner, Fabrice was a brilliant waiter. We started out with morille raviolis and an "assiette de charcuterie". Both were of the highest quality. It should be noted that this place definitely chooses quality over quantity. They probably have to privately import some of the ingredients they use, so this has an effect on the portions and the price tag. If you have been working up a "vegas buffet" appetite, this may not be your best option.

My wife had a mahi-mahi tartare, my son chose the tuna tataki, and I had the langosta fricassee. Lovely, well prepared and well presented. The langosta comes with a champagne based sauce which tastes like bisque, a memorable treat. Fabrice had told us beforehand that the tuna tataki was a small portion, but my 17 year old feels it was OK, considering he had an appetizer and a dessert to surround that.

Only thing that needs improvement to meet my expectations: the wine list. Way too many bottles over the 100$ mark, and just a few reds under 40$ (one of which, my first choice, was out of stock). I'm fine with seeing a Petrus at 4 000$ on the list, as long as there are also reds under 40$. I love wine, and living in Quebec I'm used to paying inflated prices for wine, but I expect to find half a dozen good quality reds on any wine list for under 40$, and 90% of the time I do. I ended up making a bad choice as far as food/wine pairing is concerned, and that's too bad. It should be noted that I did not ask Fabrice for his advice. He probably would have saved the day for me.

A special note on the music. I'm not a big fan of music in restaurants, but I must say Shambala had great lounge music that night, played just at the right volume, and I found myself Shazaming through the whole meal.

All in all a very pleasant experience, highly recommended for a special occasion.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

What a fabulous find. We ate at Le Shambala last week and enjoyed ever minute of it. To start, the setting overlooking Anquilla is magical. the food and service were amazing. I can't say enough about this restaurant. There are lots of excellent restaurants in Grand Case, but this one shouldn't be missed.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband found this beautiful spot while we were sailing St. Maarten with friends. The atmosphere is to die for. The cocktail bar is beautiful. The furniture and décor very welcoming. Right on the beach, romantic lighting. The best mojito ever! Service was amazing and the food was indescribably delicious. I had a delicious duck terrine and the scallop entrée. Pricey but worth every penny. Service was attentive and flawless. Will certainly return.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

So happy to see this place open in Grand case what a beautiful spot! GREAT for sundowners and happy hour specials and just such a beautiful spot!! Great addition to town.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

There are many things to recommend Le Shambala. What stood out the most was the service. My wife and I dined there twice recently including Valentine's Day. Both times we were served by Fabrice. He was warm and friendly but mostly he just had excellent skills and instincts. He never interrupted a conversation and noticed the subtle cues of his guests...a real pro.
The restaurant itself is peaceful and lovely overlooking the water with a bar area to the left. There are even a few bar tables at water's edge. The food was also very good...fresh, mildly seasoned, cooked properly, and delicious. We had grilled lobster at other restaurants this week but theirs was the best...moist and fresh.
We had champagne, salad, main course and dessert. We were there for two and a half hours. If you are in a hurry...(why would you be) go somewhere else.