“Cannot beat the view!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Shambala
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Price range: US$32 - US$76
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A magical setting for a new restaurant Le Shambala located on Grand Case Beach. Fine dining, with a wide selection of quality fish, lobster & meats. Only fresh food of the highest quality strictly selected and cooked with a fusion of European and Carribean flavours by a French Antillean Chef .According to the market, the chief may change some dishes.Le Shambala offers one of the most spectacular sunsets of the island.We invite you to join us for sunset cocktails and fine dining on the Carribean Sea.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cannot beat the view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

You just cannot beat the view. I went for dinner with some friends and we were seated in the general dining area but at the edge of it so we could clearly see the water and everything else. So the ambiance is perfect for any outing.

The service was wonderful. Our waiter spoke English and French so we had no problems communicating and he was very knowledgeable about the menu. The restaurant was very accomodating of my vegetarian friend an altered a risotto dish to not only exclude the meat but to include her favorite veggies. And this is petty and certainly not a showstopper but our waiter told her that she should be sure to thank the chef for making her the special dish. That is an appropriate gesture but I think he overstepped his bounds by telling her to do so as though the chef did her a favor for free. But i understand.

I ordered the Lobster Fricasse. There weren't many vegetables in it but it was very flavorful and we had plenty of bread to get full off of. My vegetarian friend looooved her risotto! It's probably the best risotto I've ever had. Very creamy.

My other friend ordered the Coq au vin. I've never had it before so I'm unsure as to what it's supposed to taste like but it had a sort of tart aftertaste or something that I didn't quite like. But the chicken was cooked well.

I actually forget the name of the dessert I ordered but it was a pineapple puree in between two crackers with some fruit on the side (much more sophisticated than my description) and it was yummy.

Aside from the risotto, the food was nothing to write home about but the view is worth every penny.

• Visited May 2014

São Paulo, SP
“fine french restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We dinned at this restaurant and service and food was awesome. We ordered the french special of the day, which was a very tasty Coq au vin. The restaurant has an amazing view, they recommend to get there at dawn to watch the sunset, which we missed unfortunately. It is not a cheap restaurant, but give it a try if you can.

Visited May 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Gorgeous view, great service, food good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is the most beautiful of the 6 restaurants we ate at in Grand Case. The view is spectacular. The service is great. Food was good, but not particularly memorable (I am reviewing this one week later and don't recall any of what we had).

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Beautiful place and good cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

One of the most beautiful places (restaurant and bar) on the island. The frozen pina coladas tasted very good (we thought they were not really cheap... but well.... twice the price is also twice the size here!). We did not have dinner here as there were only 4 other guests and we found it a bit too quiet.

Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a beautiful setting for a restaurant, but the food can only be described as bland. Everything was fresh and adequately cooked, but there was no seasoning in any dish we tasted. We had asparagus soup and Caesar salad, followed by lobster fricassee (described as champagne sauce) and scallops with coconut risotto (four very TINY scallops.) For the price we were very disappointed and still hungry. We often skip dessert, but we ordered something I can’t remember. I can’t recall ever wishing for salt & pepper on the table, but it might have helped here.

• Visited April 2014