“Snorkeling off Buck Island with Green Sea Turtles on The Cat”
Review of Buck Island

More attraction details
Owner description: Novice snorkelers will appreciate the coral grottoes along Buck Island’s underwater trail.
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We took a short 30 minute catamaran ride to Buck Island with my 3 boys; 13, 11 and 6 to snorkel with "Crush" Green Sea Turtles!! My boys were hesitant at first but it was amazing!! The guide from The Cat dove down and got several sea creatures for them to hold... Sea Urchin, Conch, and Star Fish they loved it!! We saw tons of beautiful fish and sea turtles, it was so worth the trip and they all want to go back!! Make sure to take along a waterproof camera!!

3  Thank momof3busyboys

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Fantastic trip. A must to if visiting St. Croix. The crew was very attentive, comptent and efficient. When arriving on the island we were given a brief snorkling lesson so everyone could get comfortable in the water with their gear. We then went to the east side of the island to snorkel through the barrier reef. It was incredible. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Buck Island is a must when visiting St Croix. Another must is booking your trip with Capt Heinz and his first mate Paul. This was the best part of our trip. He has a wonderful catamaran that holds only 20 people and the day we went there was only 11 of us, which made is seem more like our own private charter. We got to sit on the hammocks at the front of the boat while skimming across that beautiful clear blue water. These guys are great, very knowledgeable and island laid back. Capt Heinz also has a great accent to boot. There fee was less than 2 nights worth of dinner for four and it included the magnificent sail, snorkeling (with gear) and anchoring at Turtle Beach!!!!! You can find him in any brochure on the island or look him up under his name. Thanks guys for a memorable time ...the campers

Reviewed 4 August 2012

While in St. Croix, my mom and I sailed aboard the Teroro II, with Buck Island Charters. You might want to consider taking along a water proof camera, as the water is unbelievably clear light blue. Since this is an underground national park, while snorkeling you will see signs every so often on the bottom of the ocean. These signs contain a drawing of a fish and information about it. Note that if you are near sided and have contacts, wear them on this snorkel trip so the signs can be read. IN addition, learn from my mistake and spray sun screen on the backs and insides of your arms as well as even the back of your calves and ankles. I forgot that I would be face down for quite some time and I paid the price for days afterwards. Also, take Captain Carl up on his offer to jump off the side of the boat and snorkel the 20-30 minutes to the beach. I felt like I was in the movie 'Open Water' as the boat sailed away, but it was worth it. You can pack a lunch and eat it on the beach. In addition, Captain Carl brought along ice cold soda and water that you could purchase for $1.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Please look into Big Beards Adventure Tours for a fantastic day of snorkeling and fun. Our trip out of St. Croix took us to a spectacular little island.. Buck Island. If you have ever had a fantasy of becoming shipwrecked this is the island of your dreams! The water is the most vivid turquoise I have ever seen. It truly takes you breath away. Our crew sailed up to the shore and we were able to spend a good 1/2 hour on this deserted island with golden sand between our toes and clear blue water. Then we sailed to the other side to explore one of the best and most interesting underwater coral trails I have seen to date. Not the best place to see really exciting fish although we did see some schools. It's really the coral that stands out in this well preserved park. After our snorkel excursion we sailed to another beach for a BBQ and island spirits. I'm speaking of Rum Punch of course after all we are in the Caribbean! This is one of the most enjoyable excursions I have taken. I definitely feel that I got my moneys worth. The crew was great and took great care of us. I would use them again.