“Roti Palace Indeed!”
Review of Roti Palace

Ranked #55 of 152 Restaurants in Tortola
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Quaint yes, but if you have not eaten a roti from here you have not had the best. We usually do take out (and they do travel reasonably well for up to an hour) and they are a meal for two. Yesterday we had chicken (no bones please) and lobster roti - hand prepared to order and the well-lobster feed two hungry adults with a VERY large number of big lobster chunks. Even at $25 this is a bargin. You can have a boneless white meat roti, but you will wnat to roder it ahead, like maybe even a day. The resturant is up a short flight of stairs off of Main Street, benind Pussars in Road Town.

These are hand-made so don't go if you are in a hurry.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Roti Palace has the best roti on Tortola. Homemade and just delicious. If you like hot and spicy, the green mango kuchela is a must.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

I went here because I had read it was the best roti on the island and I love roti.

A very sweet old lady runs the place and was waiting for lunch customers when I arrived. I loved the outdoor seating area - it faces a hill with a nice stone wall and vegetation.

I ordered the boneless chicken roti and when it came it had a side of fried plantains, which I loved. It also came with two condiments which the lady told me to mix together on my plate for the best result, so I did and it was delicious.

Only problem was - I don't eat dark meat and the chicken was thigh with lots of gristle and veins throughout. I can eat thigh if it's been carefully boned and veined but I couldn't eat this so ended up leaving more than half of it. I wish she had a chicken breast option. I would gladly pay the extra to have nice white meat in the roti. Because of this, I wouldn't go back.

I would recommend it to a friend with the caveat that the don't serve a chicken breast roti.

2  Thank SandyBeachBumTM
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Roti Palace is a must-visit little restaurant tucked up behind Samarkand Jewelers on Main Street. You feel like you're in someone's home patio dining table when the silver-haired woman, Jean, emerges from her kitchen, where she presses mouthwatering savory textured roti skins with Trinidadian pride, to take your order. Roti is all that you'll find on the menu (although you should ask if she's got any local drinks: fresh ginger beer; refreshing sorrel; tangy mauby) but there are many different varieties, including a veggie option, so we suggest bringing friends so you can try more than one kind. The homemade hot sauce is pretty hot, but you can't not try her mango chutney.

1  Thank americanboynyc
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This place is amazing. My wife's family owns a house on Frenchman's Cay in Tortola and this is the one Restaurant that we make sure to visit every time we are in town. I have had the great pleasure of eating many Rotis all over the BVI but this place is hands down the best. Anyone who is chartering a boat should call ahead and have them prepare a takeout lunch or dinner that you can enjoy on the boat. The atmosphere at the restaurant is local and rustic but you wont find any better food in all of the BVI. Do yourself and your taste buds a favor and try out this local treasure. I would reccomend the lobster or the goat but all are good even the veggi.

1  Thank Stevendmd