“Best Rotis”

Ranked #44 of 148 Restaurants in Tortola
Tortola
“Best Rotis”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The lady who ran this told me it was closing . Its not really a restaurant you would eat in ! A couple of plastic tables in a back yard, but take away its wonderful . Hard to find but ask in any of the shops on main street .

Visited February 2012

Quebec
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I agree that this is the best place for roti....The lady is the sweetest, her chutney is delicious, the spicy one IS spicy and the conch roti is the best one I've ever had..was so tender and tasty!
Will definetely go back!!!

Visited February 2012
Morristown, NJ
“Roti Palace Indeed!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Quaint yes, but if you have not eaten a roti from here you have not had the best. We usually do take out (and they do travel reasonably well for up to an hour) and they are a meal for two. Yesterday we had chicken (no bones please) and lobster roti - hand prepared to order and the well-lobster feed two hungry adults with a VERY large number of big lobster chunks. Even at $25 this is a bargin. You can have a boneless white meat roti, but you will wnat to roder it ahead, like maybe even a day. The resturant is up a short flight of stairs off of Main Street, benind Pussars in Road Town.

These are hand-made so don't go if you are in a hurry.

• Visited April 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Roti”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Roti Palace has the best roti on Tortola. Homemade and just delicious. If you like hot and spicy, the green mango kuchela is a must.

Visited December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“DELICIOUS, BUT....”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I went here because I had read it was the best roti on the island and I love roti.

A very sweet old lady runs the place and was waiting for lunch customers when I arrived. I loved the outdoor seating area - it faces a hill with a nice stone wall and vegetation.

I ordered the boneless chicken roti and when it came it had a side of fried plantains, which I loved. It also came with two condiments which the lady told me to mix together on my plate for the best result, so I did and it was delicious.

Only problem was - I don't eat dark meat and the chicken was thigh with lots of gristle and veins throughout. I can eat thigh if it's been carefully boned and veined but I couldn't eat this so ended up leaving more than half of it. I wish she had a chicken breast option. I would gladly pay the extra to have nice white meat in the roti. Because of this, I wouldn't go back.

I would recommend it to a friend with the caveat that the don't serve a chicken breast roti.

• Visited May 2011