“Bananakeet cafe overrated” 3 of 5 bubbles

BananaKeet Cafe
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Tortola
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual fine dining with exceptional foods, friendly service & spectacular sunset views!! Open daily for Sunset Happy Hour: 4-6pm $1 off all cocktails. FREE 'Sundowner' at Sunset! ALa carte poolside dining 5:30-9:30. Live legendary music Fridays from 6pm CAFE SEASONAL CLOSING: September 15- REOPENS October 15 Closed for ALL Public Holidays
scottsdale
“Bananakeet cafe overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

we stopped at Bananakeet cafe on our way back from CGB. It is perched near the top of Windy
hill. It has a stunning View but that is the high point. We ordered 3 or 4 appetizers and a round of drinks. We never saw the server again. Atfer about an hour I went up to the bar to inquire about our order. I was told its coming then after thirty more minutes I tell them to cancel it. Suddenly its ready, near burnt coconut shrimp and what appeared to be microwaved calimari.
Bottom line go for a drink to catch Sunset but pass on the food.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank phxdoc

Morristown, NJ
“Dinner with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Four adults dined on a very busy night at this popular restuarant and as a result experience slower than expected service. Having said that, the view, the food and the special rum drinks more than made up for it. We had 2 kids with us and even they tolerated the delays well becuase of the view, minus the rum drinks.

Visited April 2012
San Francisco, California
“nice little spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Going over the hill back to CGB, we stopped by unplanned because we were hungry, it was raining & not a lot of places were open. It's always nice to be up high with a view, so you can't go wrong there. The whole place is very clean & well kept. Of course the power went out so we were limited in our choices to beer (no blender) & the oven. The pizza was fine. We may have been thrown a little attitude as a mixed couple but hey, local people have their own views. Whatever, they could have earned a better tip. I would like to stop by for Happy Hour next time I'm on island.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Madison
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Awesome view and the BananaKeet cocktail was the best drink
I had all week.

Visited March 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“One of the 2 best on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The view was spectacular, the service was very good and the food was amazing. My wife and I had two appetizers, entrees, and deserts. All of it was fantastic. They are also the only place we found that made Mimosas. I guess it is hard to find fresh mint. I had a pork dish and my wife had tuna I believe. We had a tuna roll and conch ceviche (spelling) for appetizers. Both were exceptional. Desert was also great. This was one of the two places that we ate dinner at for the week that we were there that we would go back to.

Visited March 2012