“In the heart of Road Town”
Review of Maria's by the Sea

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maria's by the Sea
Ranked #75 of 152 Restaurants in Tortola
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was my first time checking out Maria By the Sea. It has been under construction with major renovations going on. The lobby was nice, the bar was a bit dark for during the day but service at the bar was quick. Had to teach the bar tender how to make a Salty Dog but have to say it was a nice drink that she poured. While we were there I checked out the lunch menu, which consisted of salads and burgers at a reasonable price. In looking at the dinner menu I was disappointed that the main dished consisted primarily of pasta. No stand alone meat entrees. Will consider lunch in the future but happened to see several people leaving the restaurant due to slow service. Looked like they were heading for the ferry dock and could not wait any longer. The dining area is right out on the water and has a great view.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks while on business.
The positives:
- huge rooms. I was on my own but had a twin share room. Very spacious for one person.
- wonderful views.
- place felt new. I think I may have had a room that was part of a newly renovated part of the hotel.
- excellent daily cleaning services.

The negatives:
- Internet wifi was awful. Sometimes it was good in a certain spot, but mostly patchy and non-existent.
- Tv channels not consistent. Had a colleague in another room who had cable tv but I didn't, and paid same rate.
- No mini bar or complimentary water.

The restaurant was ok, view lovely but service horrifically slow. Only had breakfast there and found it overpriced.

Would I recommend it? First of all it's expensive, but if that wasn't an issue then - Yes but for a couple with kids. For business? Probably not.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nice breakfast at a reasonable price in the heart of Road Town! Nice breezy open air restaurant over looking the channel.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Had lunch here recently at the suggestion of a local. Good choice. View was great, food was good and the service was too. It was a real treat and surprise.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I guess we should have known by the slow service we received at lunch to not come back for dinner. Lunch food was good but very slow. Dinner was a disaster...practically waited an hour to get our drinks. Waitress did not remember who ordered what, forgot one if our parties items and a couple of thw checks were wrong. We almost left to go down the street for dinner, but the ood finally arrived. Absolutely the worst service I have EVER had. Sorry that we didnt give our hard earned money to one of the great locals restaurants in he area. I am upping the rating for the good view.