“Food at Maria's by the Sea”
Review of Maria's by the Sea

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maria's by the Sea
Ranked #76 of 152 Restaurants in Tortola
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Just returned from a BVI vacation. We started by staying one night at Maria's by the Sea. Nice rooms if you stay in the newer part of the hotel. The restaurant experience was no so good. Slow I mean Very Very Slow Service. Be prepared to wait for everything they are understaffed. I waited at the bar and watched the bartender do all sorts of stuff for almost 10 minutes before she asked me what I would like. She saw me sit down. We eventually had dinner and was tired from traveling the food was average quality, service was horrible mainly because it took over an hour just to be served dinner. Next morning the same thing for breakfast. The service for breakfast was better, food was just ok, Our waiter could have cared less that we were there. She got our order wrong twice. I ordered egg whites scrambled and I received regular eggs twice. Save your money and eat elsewhere. The have problems just doing the basics in the restaurant.

1  Thank Bloomer5146

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed the night before heading out on a sailing charter. We were able to walk with our luggage from the custom's office, after we got off the ferry. We had a room right over the pool with a view of the harbor. We walked down the street and had dinner a a place recommended by the front desk, and were quite pleased. Slept very well in the King bed, but did awake to the crow of roosters (not the hotel's fault, they are EveryWhere! in BVI). Had a lovely breakfast on a waterfront patio. Maintenance leaves a little to be desired, but it is more the area culture than anything.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I didn't actually stay at Maria's. I had placed a reservation online using their website but on arrival I was told the reservation had not been acknowledged and would not be honoured as there were no rooms. The reception staff said I could have a room on the second of the two nights booked but not the first. Then I was offered a much higher quality room at the higher quality room's price. I declined. Moral of the story: check reservation confirmations - I think?

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Great location in Road Town on Tortola, central to everything (or about as central as you can get considering that it's on Tortola). Super convenient to restaurants, the ferry, and other transportation.

Hotel itself is just average, maybe even a little below average. Service is slow, but reliable. It's reasonably priced, I guess, considering that most hotels on Tortola are expensive, but not what I'd normally consider to be a great value. Wifi was pretty lousy, rooms were just so-so, with on-again-off-again hot water. Pool wasn't too bad. But again, it's insanely convenient for exploring what Tortola has to offer.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Love this hotel if traveling for business or looking for a hotel conveniently located in Tortola, close to restaurant, the main dock and half way from the other 2 docks. Nice and huge rooms!