found a special for the summer and decided to take the plunge!
from the time we arrived, and we met althea at the front desk everything was super! we got in early, but they prepared our room for us ahead of time and mr. robinson (i later found out he is the manager!) took the time to put our bags on the little golf cart and whisk me up instead of making me wait for someone else. very kind, and he was always somewhere at hand with a smile and checking in to make sure all was going well.
cooled off at the pool bar with cheryl, 'miss sweet and sour'... she's much more sweet, trust! she regaled us with tale after tale, and greeted and kept track of all the visitors at the swim up bar with aplomb. most were there to see HER, having visited year after year. one even checked in via a relative's ipad to tell her that she was sorry she could not make it this time, and she missed her! i don't know what she does to the food but standard grill fare was always delicious. if she did not have it at the bar, she made a call and did her best to satisfy everyone.
speaking of which, any little request you had, if a member of the staff heard you and it was not within his or her purview, they'd just make a call and see what they could do. if it was possible, they made it happen.
realizing that we were there during 'low season' we expected things to be okay but were surprised to find that the grounds were impeccably kept, staff members were by and large cheerful, and service was excellent. the meals at the restaurant were a-one superb as well. from breakfast to lunch to dinner, we were always pleased with the presentation, the service, and the flavors.
we enjoyed the gym (2 of the machines were out of order but there was plenty there and we got our workouts in!), hiking nearby belmont estate, and much lounging and relaxing. we were not there long and mostly relaxed... should we have desired more activity, car rental, island tours and marine excursions were right there on property.
it was a memorable vacation, one i am so glad we took. thanks to the entire staff and management, we felt like family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands