When we first booked Long Bay Beach, we knew it recently got renovated and was kind of nervous what we were getting into but overall we had a great experience.
We had a Beachfront Deluxe on the second floor. We loved that they gave us the second balcony because we were able to see the ocean very wall from it. The beach is very pretty and nice but not really a good place to swim until you walk further up away from the reception area.
The room overall was really clean and nice. There is no bathtub. The only thing I have to complain about it is that since the place is so close to the beach, it attracts ants easily so if you ever dropped any food, that area will be filled with ants. Also be sure to bring cortizone and benadryl for the mosquitoes bites.
The service around the resort is very good. I was surprised that the receptionist called us to ask us if we are okay with the room. (we never got a service call like that before so it was great!) Also if you wanted to schedule a taxi, you could contact the front desk and let them know and they will arrange a taxi service for you.
Our dining experience at 1748 was also pretty good. The daily breakfast plan is great to have in the morning because you get to eat in front the beach with the pretty waves. It was very relaxing also the food was pretty good. Our only complaint was that if you asked to order extra side like bacon, they forgot to give it to us. It happened two times so... you have to be on top on your order because I think they either forget or... they are being stingy....
I wish I could give them 4.5 but I guess I can round it up to 5. :)
If we had a choice in the future (and money), we would love to stay at the Long Bay Beach Club again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands